Greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada

Seaking406

Elite Member
Greetings, I'm vacationing on the Florida Panhandle this year, I bought my first MD, a Garrett Ace 250 after reading reviews and articles as to what should be a decent first time MD.. I took it out to a nearby State Park and after finding two nice metal twist ties in the beach sand, on my third ever hit I dug up a gold ring with diamond bits on it.. how's THAT for beginner's luck!? (and probably my only ever such find lol) In the last 5 days I've been cleaning the Florida beaches, one pull tab, one foil and one bottle cap at a time.. and an assortment of coins and trinkets ;)

I can hardly wait to get back home to continue this new hobby as we're in an older historic part of the country with lots of beaches, lakes and homesteads to explore..

I look forward to learning a lot as I read through the forum articles here.

(NOTA: I took the ring to a jewellery story to see what the ring was all about, and was told it was plated 10K and doubtful if the shiny glass were worth anything.. but a neat find all the same!)

Cheers!

Welcome from the Hudson River Valley of NY, SeaKing! Sounds like you're off to a great start... I remember seeing an old gold mining camp and mineshaft in the Kejimkujik area... will you be including any gold prospecting in your hunting targets?

Cheers!

Hi, I've heard of it and there are so many more such spots throughout the province, even within the city (if you know where to look). However, I think I'll be hitting the beaches first this summer and various parks for dry land hunts. Summer arrives in August hopefully so we'll be able to sand hunt between the ice flows when weather permits ;)

Back
Top Bottom