I joined a MD club and am actually 'hosting' a hunt!

Xaquin

Elite Member
I'm taking a few people I've never met face to face on a hunt this Sunday!

We're meeting at a central place then I'm driving us to a single parking area and we'll hike the 1/4 mile to the site.

The site is an old 1750s farm area that was abandoned in the early 1960s. I scouted the location for literally about 15 minutes and found an old harmonica reed and some bits of iron.

I'm bringing a bunch of gatorade, my first aid kit, my spare MD, spare pinpointer, spare small shovel, and enough batteries to power a small city.

Should I bring or do anything else?

I'm also planning to bring a camera and maybe bug spray.

Are there any things I should look for aside from the well? I know where the old home foundation is already.

Hopefully a permission slip from the land owner.

Well I have permission to park at the end of a nearby driveway, the farm is actually in an electrical easement (not near enough to the lines to disrupt my F2 though)

edit: to clarify, looking at the county tax map, there is no owner listed. Just "Electrical Easement". It is very clearly not part of any nearby private land.

Are utility easements considered public land? Usually an easement is on private land but the utility has paid for or had the donated the right to place infrastructure (power lines, pipelines, etc.) across the site. The local water company has a utility easement across my property. So does the power company. I wouldn't recommend you bring a MDing party to those sites:mad: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Are utility easements considered public land? Usually an easement is on private land but the utility has paid for or had the donated the right to place infrastructure (power lines, pipelines, etc.) across the site. The local water company has a utility easement across my property. So does the power company. I wouldn't recommend you bring a MDing party to those sites:mad: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

hmm

well

hmm

Do you have a second site planned/picked out, in case this one falls through??

You might think about that, it will save face with the other MD'rs who spend their hard earned money and time to meet you.

Who's turn is it to hold the next hunt. A majority of members are always willing to hunt places you find but never are willing to find some of their own for the rest of you.

Do you have a second site planned/picked out, in case this one falls through??

You might think about that, it will save face with the other MD'rs who spend their hard earned money and time to meet you.

I have two other places nearby. One is beautiful, but I've never found a single thing. The other is trashy, but just as old.

Who's turn is it to hold the next hunt. A majority of members are always willing to hunt places you find but never are willing to find some of their own for the rest of you.

no clue hehe

the group is only a few weeks old to my knowledge

well, the hunt went well! Everyone had a good time though there were very few good finds

well .... no good finds

one guy found a cool old pocket knife that will never function again and I found my first large cent!

which is so toasted, I could only ID it by it's size =/

Back
Top Bottom