CRH First box of 2013

LVDigger

I've been CRH pennies only for a little over a year now off and on. Usually I just get $10 -$20 worth. I never bothered looking for the 1995 DDO or Wide AM's I just don't have the patience. So late last week I ordered a full box from my bank and picked it up Friday below are my totals. Looking through past posts I'd say I did well. I've been averaging almost 1 wheat per dollar since I started usually from the 40's or 50's. HH

4 per 1996 Canadians
6 - 1940's Wheat
11 - 1950's Wheat
1 - unreadable date wheat
7 - 2009 (These are by far harder than wheats for me to find and my favorites!)
2 - 1974 S
1 - 1970 S
$5.86 in pre 1982 coppers (all my 82's go back as I don't have a scale to weight them

Those 2009 and S mint marks are the hardest to find around here. I may have to try dimes or halves soon. I have a small town mom and pop bank that still will exchange customers rolls of coins. I can't help but think they get grandma silver coins after she passes from time to time I need to visit there more often.

18 Wheats in one box great job man. Now just beat 18 wheat in $10:yes:.

For me S pennies are the hardest to find. If I find an S it will be a wheat. I think that tells you how hard they are to find. And I think I have only found like one S Wheatie in around $150 of Pennies. Per box my average is 2 Wheaties. But per $10 my average is 13 Wheaties.

Either way Congrats. So the S pennies were proof right?

you can tell the copper 82s from the zinc just by dropping them on the table, the copper will give a nice ringing tone while the zincs have a flat dull sound, give it a try and you will hear the difference. HH Steve

Go to this link, they have a way to make a scale just for 1982 pennies. They use a tongue depressor and a round balance fulcrum. No batteries!!! About half way down the page.
http://lincolncentresource.com/smalldates/1982.html[/url]

Nice bunch of wheats. I save the coppers as well and I dont worry with the 82's. Ive got around $100 in coppers saved up so far.

Back
Top Bottom