Found my oldest nickel yet in box 4!!

Coleminer713

Elite Member
Decided to try nickels this week and so glad I did!! This was my 4th box I've searched and the best yet! Found a 1943P war nickel and my oldest nickel that I've found CRH, a 1912 V nickel:shock::D!!!! Awesome! Also found 17 from the 40's and 50's and 3 Canadians! The V nick looks like it was dug as it is red and green colored but other than that it's in great shape, full Liberty and can see detail in her hair. The reverse is just as nice, you can see all the lettering on it and some detail in the wreath. I'm starting to really like CRH!!

Check for a mint mark on the 1912 V Nickel. I have one mine is a D though. If you have a S minted one then it should be worth $50+ since it looks like it has been dug.

Also check the 1943 P for any of the following.

3 over 2
Doubled Eie
Doubled Die Observe ( I have a double struck 1943 P)

Either way congrats.

No pics??

No sorry I don't have a camera or computer, just my iPod and phone. If I could figure out how to post pics with it I would so any help would be nice.
Pokeplayer, thanks! I checked for a mint mark but didn't see one, and I'll look at the war nickel again thanks for the info!

No sorry I don't have a camera or computer, just my iPod and phone. If I could figure out how to post pics with it I would so any help would be nice.
Pokeplayer, thanks! I checked for a mint mark but didn't see one, and I'll look at the war nickel again thanks for the info!

To see the 3 over 2 it will take some lens or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom