A friend indeed?

juggernaut0055

So, I go up to my home state of Connecticut to bring my 18 year old son to his mother and to see some friends. I bring my Deus to poke around my friends house as it was built in 1952. 5 days into the visit I finally break out the Deus and start swinging..... this thing is going crazy!:?: constant chatter and falsing all over the yard! I'm baffled.....nothing helps, not changing the frequency, not shifting, ground balancing.... NOTHING! :mad: So I start to put it away and my buddy is like can you try to find if there is another one of these crazy brick and rebar things in the ground ( he shows me one) I say I can try..its going nuts! Now to back fit this story a touch.... I had the detector in the back of my truck in a tote for the ride up.... when I was trying to secure a lid on another tote with a bungee and I put just a little too much weight on the lid and my foot went through it! I came down on the detector :( I didn't look....and my foot was caught too as it broke on three sides to let my foot in but I couldn't pull it out and my so and so self proclaimed better half was across the parking lot smoking and not paying attention to my trapped butt!
anyway, with all the falsing going on I am thinking now I broke my detector with my foot!:mad: I start swinging and I get a good signal through the chatter and I pull a strange piece of metal about the size of an 8" sharpening stone and it appears to be lead.... then I get a solid 60 with good tone showing shallow.... I break the pin pointer out and can barely detect a signal, I shove my digger in and flick the dirt up and I'm looking at a barber!! :shock: 1900 Barber Nickel... never found a Barber anything! I control my excitement a touch to admire this coin.... pretty clean it is.... Then I move about 4' away and get another solid 60.... out comes the pin pointer and digger again and pop out a buffalo!! :shock: !!!? how is this possible? Then I see the date, which is rare... and again...so clean... So I stand up and punch said buddy in the arm with significant umph! He stares shockingly at me for a split second until his smile gives him away!! PLANTED!!!!!! at least he gave my heart a skip for a minute! Bastard :laughing: At least I got to keep the coins! lol

Attachments

• 1900 barber 1.jpg
    1900 barber 1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 1900 barber 2.jpg
    1900 barber 2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 1937 buffalo 1.jpg
    1937 buffalo 1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 1937 buffalo 2.jpg
    1937 buffalo 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 223
I'd say hes a Friend Indeed! Sure, he salted them, but hey, at least that took some preparation and thinking about what you like to do...I wish I had a Friend like that! :laughing:

My friends know better and I do too, haven't ever seen a person happy when a friend planted a target....lol

Haha!

Yeah he's a funny guy! To know him he would have busted my balls if I "went along" with it, and I would have a hard time proving I knew...so I had to slug him one for it! he wouldn't have it any other way! lol.
But I am confused on the V nickel... I have 2 that I have dug, a 1905 and 1907.... they both look like a copper coin... not shiny like this 1900.... were they plated and my legitimate digs have been worn? Why is this 1900 coin look silver?

BTW, all the falsing turned out to be his invisible dog fence! :laughing:

You should have just played along. Maybe he would have seeded it every time you visit.

Reminds me of this...

A young boy enters a barbershop and the barber whispers to his customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you."

The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?"

The boy takes the quarters and leaves.

"What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"

Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. "Hey, son! May I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?"

The boy licked his cone and replied, "Because the day I take the dollar, the game's over!"

<°)))>{

congrats on the coins! as for that interference you described, sounds like a place i was at a few years ago with an electric dog fence. :yes: i could still find targets, but that interference was enough to drive a fella nuts!

Back
Top Bottom