Seeing Double

Numil

Elite Member
Hello and Aloha all. My daily hunting has finally come to an end as I renounce my semi-retirement and head back to the classroom to teach those young adults about life (biology). But my last few days haven't been uneventful.

Over the weekend I found a small (2.1 grams) 9K ring right at the water line about 12 inches deep. While not a show stopper, gold is gold as they say. Being 9K suggests a visitor rather than a local that lost it as 10K is the minimum lowest karat sold in the U.S. In the pouch it goes.

Back to the same beach the following day when in the same area, right ar the water line, I get another faint signal. After two or three scoops I recover another ring. On closer inspection I note that "I've seen this ring before". In the pouch it goes and I continue. After 2 more hours there's only a small 925 earring to show for the additional effort.

When I get home I compare the ring recovered on days one with the one found today. Its clear these two rings identical twins. Same size, same weight, same Karat, and the same design. This leaves me scratching my head, "Why would anyone wear 2 identical rings and then lose them in the water?"

Only today did someone offer a plausible explanation. I visited the doc today for my annual physical and she offered an explanation about the two rings from one source. She mentioned she was getting married and always wanted two wedding bands to sandwich the engagement ring, one on each side rather than the one wedding ring and engagement ring most have. Anyway, this is perhaps why I found two identical twin rings. Leave it to a woman to figure out how to get more out of a proposal. But if these are two flanking rings then it also suggests that there's an engagement ring still out there waiting to be found.

Take care all and be safe out there. I'll be hunting weekends and holidays and lurking here on the boards drooling over your finds. GL & HH.

Attachments

• Twins finds.jpg
    Twins finds.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 155
  • twins fit.jpg
    twins fit.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 153
  • twins 9K.jpg
    twins 9K.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 153
Thinking the same thing.....those are wedding and anniversary bands, the engagement ring is begging to be found!!!!!

Cool rings, helped to make your vacation and probably literally ruined some poor ladies dream vacation. Congratulations on the finds.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Finding identical gold rings in two days is awesome, much better than finding the match to the junk earring you found the week b4,lol.
Like others have said, Probably a nice engagement ring that was sandwiched between them still waiting to be found.
Nice Finds!!
DL

Good finds! They also call those ring guards, some are actually attached together with little bridges or soldered to the engagement ring.

Hahahaha. Gotta get out there and find the last piece of the puzzle!! It may be the best one! Congrats on the gold! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom