• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT Pro: What settings do you use?

It's A Trap!

What settings do you usually use when you go coin or relic hunting? I just got an AT Pro today and it looks like it's going to have a steep learning curve.

I live in Western Pa. and I usually hunt for modern and silver coins.

I run Pro Zero with iron discrimination set at 35. Then I turn on iron audio to check iffy targets.

coin hunting,....pro zero, disc 32,...run it as hot as you can,...relic hunting,...pro zero,...disc 14,...run it hot.:D

I don't really think there is a steep learning curve. If you're CLAD/dirt hunting all you need to do is focus on the sounds, swing slow and low and when you get a good, repeatable tone that is high pitched, then dig. If you're at the beach (salt or fresh), you dig everything you hear. As you start to collect stuff(targets) try and remember the tone and the VDI it came in at and then as you get more experience look for those same repeatable signals/vdi's.

To me that's not a steep learning curve that's learning to become a metal detector with ANY detector.

I run Pro Zero with iron discrimination set at 35. Then I turn on iron audio to check iffy targets.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't that the same as Pro coin ? I am basicly an AT rookie also. The AT reminds me a bit of my Tejon when set at Pro Zero. She gets a little crackly and sensitive after a clean ground ballance. I'm starting to enjoy this machine immensely, with all the extra features in it.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't that the same as Pro coin ? I am basicly an AT rookie also. The AT reminds me a bit of my Tejon when set at Pro Zero. She gets a little crackly and sensitive after a clean ground ballance. I'm starting to enjoy this machine immensely, with all the extra features in it.

Not quite. Pro Coin has numbers 40-45 and 55-65 notched out. Pro Zero runs wide open from 35 on.

Pro mode, full sens, nothing disc'ed out, iron set to 40 and iron audio on. Ground balance auto the drop 3 more. The reason to leave iron audio on is so you have 3 tones. Low grunt for iron mid tones for gold and trash and high tones for coins and silver. Gold can ring anywhere from 40-70's depending on size and K. Sometimes rusty iron will give very high tones. Nickels usually always 53. GL. Tom

Back
Top Bottom