New to the Hobby. Having a blast.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I've been lurking for a few months. Finally decided to make a profile. Still learning the Garrett 350. I realize that it is an entry level machine, even so, I've found 20 silver coins in the last 3 months. I love the rush of seeing the silver edge of a coin in the plug! I hope to get to know many of you better, as I upgrade equipment and get more proficient in the craft. :clapping::clapping:

Smart move starting with an Ace. I started with the Ace 250 and learned a lot and found a lot. Today I own 9 machines but it was all because I started with something that did not overwhelm me but still allowed me to find good stuff. A buddy of mine started detecting last year and also bought a 250. His second hunt he found an 1876 $20 gold double eagle.

I hate him. :laughing:

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I was trying to post a few pictures of my silver finds but the upload failed. Any tips on posting pictures and some advice on what I'm doing wrong? I clicked the "manage attachments" and then selected the picture from my phone gallery, but the upload failed.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I was trying to post a few pictures of my silver finds but the upload failed. Any tips on posting pictures and some advice on what I'm doing wrong? I clicked the "manage attachments" and then selected the picture from my phone gallery, but the upload failed.

It should work. I do it all the time. If your photo is too large it could be a problem. Make sure you're clicking "Upload" and then "Close the Window" then "Post" and it should come through.

Thanks Triad. I'll give it another shot after work today. I think you are right about the file size. I need to download a photo editor. Thanks!

I think I was successful posting the picture. This is 3 months worth of silver. I really love those war nickels. :cool:

Attachments

• 20170912_170724_resized.jpg
    20170912_170724_resized.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 176
Thanks! I drive around the older parts of town and look for construction crews moving dirt. Found most if the silver that way. I also look for older churches. There is one on every corner in Utah. :D
There are a few things I've found that I can't identify. Will have to post them in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom