Cleaning/preserving 1600s IHS Jesuit trade ring

thebmasur

Hey guys. I just found this gorgeous IHS Jesuit fur trade ring yesterday. I just cleaned it with some soap and water and lightly rubbed it with my finger. Not sure if I should clean it anymore. It looks great how it is In my opinion. The bottom is bent I'm not sure if I should try and bend it back, I'm afraid it will break. What method would you guys recommend to preserve it so it doesn't deteriorate or patina more? It's made out of brass or bronze I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
cec1a29fe6e4d755c381c134a33a8f08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is a cool find. I'd see if I could find someone with some expertise in that area just to figure out the best way to preserve it with causing it any damage. I would not clean it anymore then it already is.

Now that is a cool find. I'd see if I could find someone with some expertise in that area just to figure out the best way to preserve it with causing it any damage. I would not clean it anymore then it already is.

Yeah that's a good idea. Maybe I'll contact my local museum on how they preserve their artifacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom