Latest on the Minelab EQUINOX

Minelab, it's gotta be good. If I buy one, I will have two (three).

Absolutely agreed! It HAS to bring something to the field that helps ME to recover what I am after,and that's old coins! If it can't do that any better than my EX2 or CTX...it'll be keeping the store shelf company.

Absolutely agreed! It HAS to bring something to the field that helps ME to recover what I am after,and that's old coins! If it can't do that any better than my EX2 or CTX...it'll be keeping the store shelf company.

Bro, this will be a game changer for sure you watch. It wont make the 3030 obsolete, that I can promise as it has its own functions and needs in the field but you watch. Brandon states its faster than the Deus and Deeper than the 3030. As for TID I just have a issue with it not having FE/CO capabilities as without the FE language how good can it really decipher good vs bad. really? Time will tell and I will have one on opening day..maybe 2...who knows but I know it will be a good product regardless.

surprised no one has metioned anything about the display back lighting..us etrac owners been hollering for years for Minelab to improve on that!!:yes:

Come on Tom... if the coils are interchangeable surely you can rig something up.

So too does the CTX 3030 have "interchangeable coils". Yet no one has ever (to my knowledge) figured out an in-line probe (like a sunray style). Because of something to do with proprietary electronics ? Quite a bummer :(

In the last 15-ish years, ever since being introduced to the Exp. with Sunray probe, I feel naked now without an inline probe . Which pipes in the same sounds as the detector itself, at the flip of switch.

I even know a fellow who improvised by getting an old XS box with sunray probe. And wearing the XS on his belt, while swinging the CTX. (not sure if he experienced "cross-talk" or not). And he spliced in to his headphone chord to make it work. What a hassle of duplicate equipment !

I've tried the hand-held "loose" probes (the "carot", etc....) . And found them to be woefully lacking. Nails and everything sound alike. :no:

I like to wait to buy anything new just to make sure the bugs are all worked out but I hopped on the bandwagon and pre ordered mine. I only hope that Minelab gets this repair center fiasco at Kellyco straightened before they release this new model otherwise this will really cost them some die hard ML users myself included.

I like to wait to buy anything new just to make sure the bugs are all worked out but I hopped on the bandwagon and pre ordered mine. I only hope that Minelab gets this repair center fiasco at Kellyco straightened before they release this new model otherwise this will really cost them some die hard ML users myself included.

I refuse to purchase any more Minelabs until such time as they take care of the lack of customer service as far as repairs go for machines that are out of warranty. I waited 16 weeks for my machine to be repaired Currently I hear that it is taking about two months to get a non warranty repair made There has been a lot of Promises made but action appears to be quite lacking.

I refuse to purchase any more Minelabs until such time as they take care of the lack of customer service as far as repairs go for machines that are out of warranty. I waited 16 weeks for my machine to be repaired Currently I hear that it is taking about two months to get a non warranty repair made There has been a lot of Promises made but action appears to be quite lacking.

That changes things for me, was considering one but was going to wait to hear others opinions and experience's, customer support on stuff means a lot for me so if others have had terrible Minelab support that might be a deal breaker for me.

Bro, this will be a game changer for sure you watch. It wont make the 3030 obsolete, that I can promise as it has its own functions and needs in the field but you watch. Brandon states its faster than the Deus and Deeper than the 3030. As for TID I just have a issue with it not having FE/CO capabilities as without the FE language how good can it really decipher good vs bad. really? Time will tell and I will have one on opening day..maybe 2...who knows but I know it will be a good product regardless.

I hope it is. And since you'll have 2 (and Lori will be busy that day:lol:) I'll be by to see what the hubbub is all about! We can go to a super secret site that Trapper and I molested badly and see what they do. If it coughs up there,it'll cough up anywhere!:grin:

I hope it is. And since you'll have 2 (and Lori will be busy that day:lol:) I'll be by to see what the hubbub is all about! We can go to a super secret site that Trapper and I molested badly and see what they do. If it coughs up there,it'll cough up anywhere!:grin:

DEAL 😄

And that’s pretty accurate I’ll probably own 2

Back
Top Bottom