On your knees.......

I try to drop to both knees as much as possible to prevent asymmetric muscle growth (or atrophy, as I get older! :laughing: ), as well as prevent muscle strain. And I try to remember to take care when getting up, these days!

At 72 I drop to both knees. As for getting up, I'm surprised that I haven't broken a detector shaft since I use them to pull myself back up.

I do a form of 'Wide Legged Stoop'...Like a giraffe taking a drink, and seldom drop down to one knee and never two...Its very fast and comfortable to do the wide legged stoop, knees flexed, forearms braced just above the knee on the thighs...You have the weight of your upper body to perform the retrieve, very balanced and stable and comfortable and especially fast...

Same for me and at 6'7" if I can bend over anyone can. My knees just couldn't take the abuse. :lol:

Same for me and at 6'7" if I can bend over anyone can. My knees just couldn't take the abuse. :lol:

Right? Its seems so comfortable and easy I figured everyone would do this? About like bending down to pick up a penny in a parking lot....nobody genuflects for that purpose? Y'all should give it a try...especially if your knees are hurting and you are wearing out your pants..you will never wear kneepads again, I dont even own a set...

I'm never on my knees, just squat down :lol:

My work pants would look funny if I did. But I'm a youthful 45 :wow:

X2. Hunt friends of mine comment, "I couldn't bend over and dig like you dig."

The getting back up from being on my knees is brutal for me. Much easier to bend over. I do religiously use a Sampson 31" shovel, start to finish though. with a hand digger...I would do a knee.

First use Sampson or Piranha to dig and scoop plug then try to extract while bending and if that does not work I drop to left knee, both if hole ends up being deep.
:digginahole:

^^^ This, except I go to the right and I'll get out the Lesche for extra reach before kneeling. I try to avoid the knees but the deeper the target the lower I get.

A few years ago I carried one knee pad that I dropped at every target but not anymore.

Back
Top Bottom