Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 09-03-2017, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I will check with a couple guys at work and see if they can figure out how to open them up as they do our mapping for the office.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Default Viewer

Originally Posted by flyguy784 View post
For PA I found the LIDAR stuff here, http://maps.psiee.psu.edu/ImageryNavigator/

The problem is, as I see it, This is an index type map. Once you download Your tile of interest.... you can't view it. At least I can't. I've had several more computer savvy people look at it for me and what we believe to be the case is that we need a much more sophisticated imaging program installed. Problem is, they're quite expensive. If you come up with a program that opens for view the individual, downloaded tiles, let me know please.
I will still fiddle with looking into other software alternatives but frankly, I just can't sit and deal with it for the amount of time it may take.
Have you tried MARSŪ FreeView? I have downloaded it but have yet to install it.

HBR 1610 AM - WQRR751 - KCEBFN
Garrett AT Pro, ADS Groundhog, Pro-Pointer AT