ATPro/ATMax vs Nox600??

Chrisco

OK, I'm in the market for a new detector. I have the Ace 400 now and love it. I'm not a tinkerer kind of guy. I like to turn it on and select a pre-programmed selection and go! I have tinitus in my ears so constant noise would drive me crazy. My buddy has a Nox 600 which he's going to let me swing this weekend. I just thought I would get some input from the forum members to help me make my decision. Thanks for your help!!

OK, I'm in the market for a new detector. I have the Ace 400 now and love it. I'm not a tinkerer kind of guy. I like to turn it on and select a pre-programmed selection and go! I have tinitus in my ears so constant noise would drive me crazy. My buddy has a Nox 600 which he's going to let me swing this weekend. I just thought I would get some input from the forum members to help me make my decision. Thanks for your help!!

Nox for sure . Charge up turn on and go with factory program. I bought mine late August and it has produced a lot of silver .

Glad to meet a fellow tinitus sufferer!

Go for the Nox.

I did and don't regret it one bit.

Matt.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

If you end up leaning towards the 600, which I recommend,
then you might want to settle on the 800, as being able to set tone breaks, AND THEIR PITCH, might be beneficial to those with your hearing condition.
As an audiophile, I find that feature somewhat priceless.

If you have been using an ace 400 and were happy , you will be very easy to please even if you choose a standard Bounty Hunter. The Nox series are the ticket that have stolen the show and that does not look like it is going to change any time soon. Luck with your choice

I've been using my Noxes for a good while now. My ATP is semi retired as I especially love my 800 with the 6" coil. I've found 5 gold rings and tons of clads. I had my best month in July with over $100 just in clad finds. GL & HH.

If you don't like the 600 then At Pro is the way to go. Forget the Atmax.

DISAGREE. The AT max is a superior machine to the AT Pro.. I've got 1000+ hours on teh AT PRo, and over 400 on the AT Max now, and absolutely can dig less trash with the max.

The wireless and backlight are incredibly handy, too. Can't stand detecting with a wired headphone now (I actually had gone to Z-lync on the AT Pro, too.).

Cheers,

Skippy

I also have tinitus and some slight hearing problem in one ear. I sold my AT Pro for the Nox 800. The tone breaks, adjustable tones for each break, and adjustable volume for each break is great for me with my hearing issues.
I never considered the AT Max. Not much of an upgrade from the AT Pro. AT Pro is a solid machine, but no where near the features available on the 800.

Yep! Too many rock concerts and shooting guns with ZERO hearing protection!

for me too much listening to rock in the 70's on earphones. But gosh, the rock music was so good back then. There has been no good new rock since Red Hot Chili Peppers. So now I listen to country for new music, and I must say it is really good. So I am happy again, but don't use ear phones.

DISAGREE. The AT max is a superior machine to the AT Pro.. I've got 1000+ hours on teh AT PRo, and over 400 on the AT Max now, and absolutely can dig less trash with the max.

The wireless and backlight are incredibly handy, too. Can't stand detecting with a wired headphone now (I actually had gone to Z-lync on the AT Pro, too.).

Cheers,

Skippy

yeah, but you get all that and much more with the 800.

I also have tinitus and some slight hearing problem in one ear. I sold my AT Pro for the Nox 800. The tone breaks, adjustable tones for each break, and adjustable volume for each break is great for me with my hearing issues.
I never considered the AT Max. Not much of an upgrade from the AT Pro. AT Pro is a solid machine, but no where near the features available on the 800.

Also Agree! Looking forward to trying it out, as my next rig. :)

I have both the AT Pro and the Nox 800.

Coming from the 400, the Pro will have less of a learning curve. However, the 800 is an AWESOME machine. I've hit places that I've hammered hard with my AT Pro and pulled silver out...most of which, of course, is because I'm learning the Nox and paid more attention to it.

If you have the money, I'd go with the 800...if not, the 600...and if you want to spend less, go for the Pro but get the 5X8 coil.

Back
Top Bottom