New to Hobby and Board

Oklahunter

Hi all. Steve from the Oklahoma City area.

My wife bought me something for Christmas that I've wanted for a long time and now I've got the bug. Bless her heart, she got me a Chinese-made Famous Trails D2, but I figure I can learn the basics before I upgrade to a "real" machine. I'm looking at the Garrett Ace 250.

My interests, as I know them, fall into coin-shooting and relic hunting, but that may change as time goes on.

Glad to have found you folks and I have a LOT of reading to do! :P

Welcome to the forum, I'm new to the hobby also. There is alot of great info and wonderful people here. HH :grin:

Hi OH... (hi OH)
We welcome you, you know.
With questions asked,
get answers fast... hi OH... hi OH...! :lol:

Hey, another Oklahoma person! But why are they all in OKC?! :D Welcome to the forums.

I know what you're sayin', Bill.
Sometimes, on Fridays, I'm happy and I jus' wanna share it. :yes:

Hello Steve. Welcome to the forum and hobby.
In regard to our dear Krom, I think he's from a galaxy far far away. I'm sure I saw him appear in the Star Wars saga. :lol:

You know, I've found a NEED for people like Krom on boards like this.
They keep us sane by absorbing all the INsane particles around us.

I appreciate you, Krom! Or was it Krum? :D

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

So who all else in TH'ing in OK?

Steve

Welcome we'll help you get further addicted! We are all Thing enablers here. Cladius.

I've been to both those sites. I like it here much better. ITTHC isn't that far from me in Tulsa. They seem like a nice bunch, but their website isn't nearly as nice as this one. This place feels more like home to me and not just a club. But that's me. ;)

OD, I agree that the ITTHC could use some help with their web site. I don?t belong to the club, but was amazed when I read their membership figures. The OMDC is just an informal Yahoo group. I sort of view these sites as the local news, whereas this site is ABC, NBC, CBS, all rolled together. Still, to sort of get back on thread, as to Ok hunters those 2 sites show about 500.

I?m also surprised at the number of people, that when I bring up MD?ing , either have a new detector themselves, a family member with a new detector, or a detector in their garage, that they gave up on after not finding that pot of gold their first week out.

I cruise both of those sites almost daily, but I'm not a big fan of Yahoo! so I won't download anything they want me to, just to post there, and the other is OK.

I really think I'll spend most of my time here, though.

Apparently, Trobaughokc, they didn't get bitten deep enough. :lol:
I can't see how, after being "bitten by the bug", this hobby doesn't practically take over all your spare time.
I mean, MDing is, to me, more addicting than any drug you can imagine...!

Krom said:
Apparently, Trobaughokc, they didn't get bitten deep enough. :lol:
I can't see how, after being "bitten by the bug", this hobby doesn't practically take over all your spare time.
I mean, MDing is, to me, more addicting than any drug you can imagine...!

I've got fang marks in me, I know. Due to travel and short days I haven't been able to swing for over a week. It's 20° outside, and I'm raring to go hit a swimming hole I know about!

I jus' gave your avatar a closer inspection, Steve.
At first glance, I thought those were erasers...! :lol:

Krom said:
I jus' gave your avatar a closer inspection, Steve.
At first glance, I thought those were erasers...! :lol:

LOL No, call them..."motivators". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom