Forum down?

Oh... thought I was banned. Cat imagine why...

Offensive photo removed by Admin

R5

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had problems the last couple days. DNS server config issues. Tried a few different things but none worked. Only thing that works for me is my phone. Home internet does not.. Only this site.

I "believe" what happens is this.

Vlad said that his DNS (domain Name Server) entry got disabled.

For the Internet there is a Keeper of all Domains DNS. what this basically means that when you type Google.com or FriendlyMetalDetecting.com your computer goes to a DNS server that your provider (ISP) uses and looks up the name.. it then translates this to an IP address and off you go to the site.
If the DNS doesn't find a valid entry then you go nowhere.

Now every ISP can be different as to when they update their DNS entries and syncs it with the main DNS server(s) some every hour, some every 24 hours and some who knows.

That being said.. when Vlad gets the Disable fixed then the DNS entry is restored and it can take a while for YOUR ISP to sync. This explains why some can get on and others can't.

I "believe" what happens is this.

Vlad said that his DNS (domain Name Server) entry got disabled.

For the Internet there is a Keeper of all Domains DNS. what this basically means that when you type Google.com or FriendlyMetalDetecting.com your computer goes to a DNS server that your provider (ISP) uses and looks up the name.. it then translates this to an IP address and off you go to the site.
If the DNS doesn't find a valid entry then you go nowhere.

Now every ISP can be different as to when they update their DNS entries and syncs it with the main DNS server(s) some every hour, some every 24 hours and some who knows.

That being said.. when Vlad gets the Disable fixed then the DNS entry is restored and it can take a while for YOUR ISP to sync. This explains why some can get on and others can't.

Thanks for the explanation!

I thought it had something to do with a http -vs- https as to how some are getting on?

Have not heard from Vlad, so I assume he is still working on the problem.

UPDATE:

Vlad is still working with the DNS people, waiting on a call back from their Support people.

You know how it is when you are on hold with Support......:impatient::frustrated::dash3:

I got The "real scoop" from Vlad and Carol a few minutes ago! It seems Earl posted another picture of his scoops and that was just too much for the servers to handle so they shut down. They have now expanded their capabilities and have now a dedicated a whole gigabyte just for Earl's scoop pictures.:yes:

I can get on with the MAC with Safari or Chrome but I can't get on with my Samsung phone in Chrome

Back
Top Bottom