help me please im new

brrttpaul

Hi everyone im about to get my first metal detector and ive narrowed it down to two.they are both bounty hunters the first being tracker iv the second the sharp shooter but being new to this would i find the sharp shooter too complicated. I live in wales (uk) and hope to search ploughed fields and also quite a few beaches any advice would be most appreciated thank you for your time.
Paul

I don't have any experience in either, Paul, but I'm sure you'll get replies within minutes from the "masters". ;)
Welcome to the forums, BTW.

thanks for the welcome krum why is there a metal detector name at the end of posts is it the persons own detector?i notice on yours it says (whites)

Aw, I hate typos...! :lol:
(Not to worry. Sometimes, they can be pretty funny! {heh, heh!})

this site is great very friendly cant wait to get a detector and give it a bash but still unsure which to buy for a beginner my budget would be bout £200 not sure what that is in $$

brrttpaul said:
thanks for the welcome krum why is there a metal detector name at the end of posts is it the persons own detector?i notice on yours it says (whites)

Its our weapons of choice :D

works out about $350 but as i said spoilt for choice an as this will be the only one for a while i want to make the right choice

Yes, Paul... that's my own detector (White's DFX). You can add stuff like that in your "profiles" page, but it's not important.
What IS important, is that you have a good time detecting and, hopefully, posting... and PICTURES! If you can post pictures, that'd be cool, too... though, that's not important either. :D

<Gag!> There's that "edited" thingy again... and I forgot how to turn it off. :o(

lol Krum :shock:
Conan wouldn't be very happy about that now would he Krom!

I have used a bounty hunter detector before and I thought they were ok, but my only concern was thier quality, most of the ones I have seen have had some electrical and mechanical problems after a year or so. But take good care of it and it should serve you well for awhile.

FYI, there are a couple of different detector manufactures that provide a lifetime warranty with thier detectors. If I remember correctly the BH's come with a 2 year parts and service warranty. Hope that helps ya some.

Hi Paul and welcome!
Those 2 BH detectors will get you started on the right track. Also look up Garrett ace 250. There is planty of finds where you are, so just get out there and have some fun! :yes:

hmmm must admit the garrett 250 does seem to be a good beginer md just been reading up on it and havnt heard a bad word for it yet

Welcome and good luck with whatever you get.

The ace 250 has taken detecting by storm, even those with years of experience and top end machines have fallen in love with this little yeller feller as they call it. Amazing amount of features and very competitive depth all packed into a detector at a price thats unbelievable.

You can't lose with it.

Geez, I sound like a Garrett fan..and I've never owned one..well, yet!

Back
Top Bottom