OK one more...

gunwolf

Elite Member
question that is.
I noticed that my ACE250 registers PT if it's a PT and .10 if it's an aluminum can. how am I going to know if its a dime or a can? the tone is the same.
I dug about forty cans today before I found a dime.
is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I have it set on all all metals or coins and about 3-5 snst. my rig is stock

question that is.
I noticed that my ACE250 registers PT if it's a PT and .10 if it's an aluminum can. how am I going to know if its a dime or a can? the tone is the same.
is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I have it set on all all metals or coins and about 3-5 snst. my rig is stock

I feel your pain! :( I dug several cans myself this past weekend. One thing I have noticed, if you lift the coil off the ground about a foot and it is still detecting it with a loud signal, there's a good chance it's a can. I still dig them anyway, because curiosity gets the best of me. I am far from an expert, but I have found that trick does help me to identify cans.

I make a game of it, to help me learn to identify objects before I dig.

question that is.

Al detectors are about the same when it comes to aluminum.
Nice high tone coin is usually indicated.
Most of us deal with these issues this way.
See the post above, do that.
Raise the coil a few inches 2-3-4-5-6...is the signal still there?
If so, it ain't a coin or ring.
Use the pinpointing function....is the signal cover a larger area than a coin size object?
Again, not a coin or ring.

Got a hand pinpointer?
You can literally paint a picture of the object in the ground.
Use common sense...if it seems to big to fit in your pocket, it is usually trash.
Unless you are relic hunting.

This is a hobby that you have to learn to use all your senses to make an informed decision on what to dig.
I think that is one of the best things about this great thing we do.

Another great joke on MD'ers...in the ground, Gold mimics foil and tabs!
I didn't say it was a funny joke.
There are other techniques do deal with this stuff.
My technique...dig it all!
From foil up anyway.
I probably always will untill I finally develop my x ray vision.

You are learning the language, keep going.
I sense a "EUREKA" moment is near.........

HH

thanks...I have started noticing that when in pinpointing mode the objects are longer(bigger than) a coin. I'll try the raise method next time out. I have to order a garrett propointer. I tried using the cheap ass v-something that came with my MD...it works in the house and everytime I take it out it won't even turn on. it's a POS!!!!

thanks...I have started noticing that when in pinpointing mode the objects are longer(bigger than) a coin. I'll try the raise method next time out. I have to order a garrett propointer. I tried using the cheap ass v-something that came with my MD...it works in the house and everytime I take it out it won't even turn on. it's a POS!!!!

I'm not sure if you have seen this video or not. I'm not even sure if the ace 250 uses a DD coil, but here's a great video that helped me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-hqvdjRVxc&feature=player_embedded#at=539

G2M

Back
Top Bottom