New to hobby - nice board

dward51

Well, I finally figured out how to get registered (took some head scratching as a sign up for new account is not visible on any of the pages I saw).

Just got a White's XL Pro last week, so I'm still learning. Yard looks like a gopher garden from all the junk we've been digging. But I guess the good news is the unit is finding and pinpointing stuff. Can't help it if all that's there is construction trash.

I just wanted to log in and say hi to the group before retreating to lurker land and catching up on the posts.

dward51 said:
Well, I finally figured out how to get registered (took some head scratching as a sign up for new account is not visible on any of the pages I saw).

Just got a White's XL Pro last week, so I'm still learning. Yard looks like a gopher garden from all the junk we've been digging. But I guess the good news is the unit is finding and pinpointing stuff. Can't help it if all that's there is construction trash.

I just wanted to log in and say hi to the group before retreating to lurker land and catching up on the posts.

I had the same registration problem but search is yer frend.
Welcome from another new guy!

Welcome to the board everyone! I'm a semi-new guy here too. I just recently got back into the hobby and have found this place to be very informative. Best of luck!!!

Glad havin' ya, Dward51.
Slide up a hay bail an' cook this marshmellow!
(... an' fill them holes!!! :D)

Welcome to the forum and hobby Dward51, you poor soul. How little do we know when we take the plunge into this blackhole that sucks all down into the abyss of metal detecting. :lol:

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! I hope you have some great finds and make sure to post some pics.

epi-hunter said:
Welcome dward51! I think that registration wrinkle has been ironed out -- sorry for the extra trouble you had in joining us but glad you found your way!

Looking forward to seeing posts of your finds!

HH,

epi

Well, I can say my yard is getting cleaned up of construciton debris, one "ping" at a time. A co-worker also bought a detector (DFX) and we've been finding modern coins in his yard. I guess he had better paid construction workers at his house (or else they were less watchful of their change). Good thing is I'm finding 'stuff' on every hit, just need to get a better handle on discrimination and reading the results.

epi-hunter said:
Welcome dward51! I think that registration wrinkle has been ironed out -- sorry for the extra trouble you had in joining us but glad you found your way!

Looking forward to seeing posts of your finds!

HH,

epi

Well, I can say my yard is getting cleaned up of construciton debris, one "ping" at a time. A co-worker also bought a detector (DFX) and we've been finding modern coins in his yard. I guess he had better paid construction workers at his house (or else they were less watchful of their change). Good thing is I'm finding 'stuff' on every hit, just need to get a better handle on discrimination and reading the results.

Back
Top Bottom