High School field parking lot & baseball coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I have to say this about the coach or ANY other coach that would have done this to me. I have been trained to deal with these things and yes approaching someone you don't know in an intimidating manner is NOT a good idea. My jacket would have calmly came off as I started to shoot the sh** a lil the whole time setting him up.......I would have then got sh**y right back if he was and tried to initiate a swing at me. I love my jacket! Great for wrapping up a weapon and opponent in order to beat the snot out of em! :lol:

I'm not spinning anything....IF the coach is walking off the field and has a bat in his hand carrying it to his truck and says "hey what are you doing?" On his way to the truck mind you, and you pick your head up, you're telling me you feel you have the right to shoot this man??? Or in fact "brandish a deadly weapon". This entire thread can be subjective. I mean if you guys can make a NO DIGGING, NO REMOVING law subjective, there's no boundries at that point. I think Harvey nailed it though when he posted about the OP intentionally, or if nothing else bragging about the fact he got the baseball coach upset at the thought of him digging on the field. Ever stop and think that maybe he found a dozen holes last season where a slob detector didn't know how to dig a plug? Maybe that formed his opinon of the OP as soon as he saw the MD? Not saying it's right, but you guys you the arguement of "human nature" in all your arguements.......pretty good chance it happened.

Everyone that doesn't think like you, or agree with you seems to be the "idiot". That seems educated, I mean for a guy bragging about making the money you do, with the machine you have. I'm not insulting either, but man...... if you make that kind of money, you most certainly have been trained to see every angle in any situation.

Of course it could happen the way you state and of course no one would be justified in shooting anyone in that situation. But it is every bit as likely it could or would happen the other way, which is coach is conducting practice and strolls over with a bat for the purpose of backup in a confrontation. Both those scenarios are 100% polar opposites and also an equal amount different. No one is getting shot in either case unless they choose to escalate things. The bottom line is that it is foolish to approach a stranger carrying a weapon openly, and a baseball bat is a weapon. As for the money and machine, I'm not bragging at all but the stereotype is certainly being put forth in this thread that "park hunters" are bottom feeding, clad seeking losers. The only reason I brought any of that up was to illustrate exactly how foolish that assumption can be. Do I hunt private property? Of course I do. I did it this morning on a virgin town lot with a home that is occupied by a sweet couple who are on the verge of their 60th anniversary. I hunted it with their permission. I also will hunt a park if I want- especially if time is an issue.

I guess that all depends upon the park. I live in a smallish city with quite a few parks. Many of them date back to the middle 1800's. "A couple bucks in clad" is not what I'm (by a long stretch) looking for when I go there. I have tremendous respect for my fellow man and my fellow citizens. I go out of my way to be accommodating to the overwhelming majority of them. There is a park a block from my house that is about 12 acres. They just put in one of those disc (Frisbee) golf courses on it. They used some of my money cutting 150 year old oaks, pouring concrete "tee boxes", buying the things that simulate greens and putting up signs at each hole showing the layout. This feature is predominately for adults to use but also children. It is also a dedicated feature that is likely to see little use that was put there to entice people to USE THE PARK . Now, if at 7am Saturday I only have two hours to hunt and want to go to that park, instead of wasting 45 minutes round trip driving somewhere, am willing keep to myself, not get in anyone's way, treat the property with respect and leave it just as good, if not better than I found it, what exactly is wrong with that? Now what if I'm also willing to hike down to the tot lot and take my $2,000 detector and sweep the kiddie area, when no kids are there, with the primary purpose being to make sure there is nothing that is dangerous to the kids such as some heroine addicts needle, or make sure that at last nights crack house/ coven love in some whack job didn't scatter razor blades since my last visit because the ghost of Aleister Crowely told him it would be funny, does that still make park hunters beneath the "private property" elite's? My household income is a quarter million dollars a year. Those three bottles in my avatar are worth about $10,000 and that's a very small portion of my collection. If you see me in a park rest assured I'm NOT looking for clad. I do this for the enjoyment of digging up items that were lost decades or centuries ago. Some of you need to quit stereotyping those who you see hunting in a park and you need to quit looking down your noses at them. (This is not directed at you personally Harvey). Just needed to add some more perspective to this conversation.

Yeah, it's true there are a lot of areas in parks, where it was pretty much left in it's natural state, and there is a good chance of finding some old stuff. Sports fields are usually cleared, leveled, decent soil brought in, sodded every few years... Lots of older stuff to be found on them? Not without digging some pretty deep holes.

I hunt just for the fun and adventure, never know what's down there. I have no expectations of finding anything valuable, or getting rich doing this. Going out expecting gold and silver every time, would be a lot of disappointment, hard to balance out, with the few decent finds. Quotas and production is for my actual job, 5 days a week, last thing I want to think about during my leisure hours.

I'm not spinning anything....IF the coach is walking off the field and has a bat in his hand carrying it to his truck and says "hey what are you doing?" On his way to the truck mind you, and you pick your head up, you're telling me you feel you have the right to shoot this man??? Or in fact "brandish a deadly weapon". This entire thread can be subjective. I mean if you guys can make a NO DIGGING, NO REMOVING law subjective, there's no boundries at that point. I think Harvey nailed it though when he posted about the OP intentionally, or if nothing else bragging about the fact he got the baseball coach upset at the thought of him digging on the field. Ever stop and think that maybe he found a dozen holes last season where a slob detector didn't know how to dig a plug? Maybe that formed his opinon of the OP as soon as he saw the MD? Not saying it's right, but you guys you the arguement of "human nature" in all your arguements.......pretty good chance it happened.

Everyone that doesn't think like you, or agree with you seems to be the "idiot". That seems educated, I mean for a guy bragging about making the money you do, with the machine you have. I'm not insulting either, but man...... if you make that kind of money, you most certainly have been trained to see every angle in any situation.

IMO...Uptown, everything highlighted in red is nothing but spin! You're still :digginahole: deeper and deeper.

Maybe, or may be that bully tactics work on some?:ehh: Hey, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS.

Are you stalking me or something? Most every one of your posts, past few months, in 'Harv', yet we aren't friends, never met, and I certainly made it clear, you aren't appreciated. You act more of a bully, then anyone else on this forum. Figure you to be a truly pathetic soul, if this sort of thing is the highlight of your days.

So, ultimately, what's you goal here? You figure if you keep picking at my, you can force me of the forum? Read the rules, and be corrected...

:police: Geez!! Can we give this a friggin rest!! The OP has not been back to this thread. Nobody who has posted was there except the OP and the coach person. Winter is over, (in most places) you all should be out detecting instead this continued back and forth!! :police:

This thread is now closed.

And if the protagonists (you know who you are) keep at it, there will be some
unplanned vacations. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom