XP DEUS - Gold Chain Settings??

AZWIP

Elite Member
Howdy folks, am still learning this machine, even though I have had it for a while...

Am trying to figure out the best settings for going after Gold chains??

I don't mind digging and am mostly a park hunter.

So, with that in mind, any suggestions appreciated. Goal is to hit my hunted out parks (lol) and hunt the ever elusive gold chains with the XP Deus.

Also, I am currently running version 3.2 (it's 3.2 I think... it definitely not the 4.0... which leads to.... would I better off to go to 4.x to go after park gold chains???).

As always, thanks for any and all suggestions etc.

Ron F.
----------

Do you think there is a trend that Tesoro users are all switching to XP Deus ?My thought is load the V4 program, you will lose your existing programs but if you want the 3.2 platform back ,program #3 is a 3.2 program you can use to configure new 3.2 programs from. If you wanted to stick with Version 2 ,program #2 GMP is a version 2 program in which to platform off from.I don't know the answer to your question, the ID varies with frequency change. Good luck and am glad to see you've picked up a Deus.

Thanks

Howdy and thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Hmmm, good question about the Tesoro, lol.... have had my XP for a while, have tried and ran F70 and a few others... and, hold the laughter, but, for "me"... and my hunting style, lol, I have pretty much now, 3 top machines that I won't get rid of (as o now anyways, lol), and they are (not in any order):

Tesoro B2 uMax with the CSC (king o the top 4 to 6 inches, lol)

Fisher F19 (The id I think is Incredible!)

and yup, the XP DEUS. (finds it all at pretty good depth, ID is fairly decent,
X/Y is just fun, its a fun machine all around)

Those three are my favorite and all 3 have found their share o the gold, lol...

That's not to say, I don't think much of the others that I have, because I do enjoy them as well... That Vaquero is one deep sensitive machine and plain ol fun, the Mojave does not leave too much behind, the Compadre, well, what can I say that hasn't been said, lol.

Yeah, I think I'll download the 4.x and see how things go, thanks for advice, that XP is a Solid all around machine IMO... definitely in my top 3. Probably the deepest of all three... depending how I set it. I do use the highest frequency, but have only played a little with some of the other settings, e.g Reactivity, Silencer, etc

Just plain ol fun.

Thanks again and Happy Hunting!

Ron F.
---------

I'm a chain hunter too! I've found 3 gold and I dont know how many silvers in the past 7yrs engaged in this Sport, I will say...I have to believe most Park gold and silver chains have seen a coil overhead, its just such a crappy signal, or disced out that nobody bothers giving it a dig...Even a heavy chain does not give a decent report.....so thats what you are up against...Its not a solid Ping like a coin hunter or ring hunter hears...easily dismissed...

I like to keep an eye out for people wearing chains and try to figure out their habits in order to narrow down the locations...Its really rare for them to lose one out of doors, but it happens...If you are not hunting the beach, totlots are a decent place to begin....one of the best places big chains are lost is out in the parking lot of a Wedding reception hall (or similar)...where the smoking is going on, or a fight breaks out...(people put on their big chains for events like a wedding, they are drinking, smoking outside) Snow plow zones at parking lot edges...

I saw a nice gold chain this past Saturday Night at an outdoor musical event..followed the guy, estimated it to be a 14k 25+gr...got to talking to the guy even, it was a good study...I doubt he will ever lose that one though, just not the right personality fit, COPD sufferer, (Marlboro) and not apt to participate in volleyball, parking lot fights, totlot trysts, or any other out door vibrant shenanigans that could precipitate the loss ...:laughing:

On the really small chains, under 10gr, you are trying to hear the clasp...sometimes you find the medallion first, and immediately inspect the bale to see if the bale broke, or the chain did...then you hunt that area accordingly...If you can find little bits of metal, tiny little blue jean rivet grommets, little scraps of iron even, you should be able to find a chain.

Regarding chain wearers propensities and preferences, Sometimes the trash you are finding is leading you into the right areas to sharpen up...things such as certain brands of cigarette butts are important to notice even...

You really gotta think about what it takes to lose a chain..Basketball courts, Sports fields, (longJump pit, or soccer field) totter toys, even chain link fence corner 'jump over' sites where one can get hung up and ripped off on the wire...Your Deus should be quite an acceptable rig..I use the F70 and the AtPro, but hey, concerning chains, its all about location, targeting the right demographic outdoor recreation areas, and thinking about those signals anyway...

Next time you see somebody wearing a nice gold chain, strike up a conversation, not necessasarily about the chain, but about their outdoor hobbies etc...learn as much as you can about chain wearers and track their habits! I bet you will learn a lot...maybe one in 1000 guys wear a big gold chain outdoors on the daily...so you gotta track that pattern...

One HUGE tip I will give you....If you ever find a condom wrapper out of doors, in a totlot, boat ramp, the local dead end road 'parking area'... thats when you really sharpen up for finding a chain...its those kind of places/situations is where you need to be hunting...You are hunting for the RIGHT loss location and the demographic that frequents it and not so much for the chain itself...Its dirty work in some very strange places...

A good idea is to study the posts on Chain finds and then apply those locations to hunt your specific area accordingly....'Detector' just found a beauty in a totter not a week ago...You dont really need the Deus to find gold chains, in fact, it might be overkill, but work with what you got...as with these ones of mine, any old rig woulda got that one Detector found..Chains are a whole nother critter to specifically target/hunt for, and its generally a Fools errand, but hey, even a Fool needs a hobby, besides golf!...Best of Luck!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 635
  • May 5 chain ring.jpg
    May 5 chain ring.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 597
  • Sept 8 13.jpg
    Sept 8 13.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 620
  • nov 27-16-1.jpg
    nov 27-16-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 600
  • nov 27-16-2.jpg
    nov 27-16-2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 625
  • me oct.jpg
    me oct.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the advice and the such, I appreciate it.

And "Wow!!!!!!" that is one heck of a chain for sure, 74 grams!!!

Sweeeeet!

Man, I have yet to find a chain that big, wow!

And you are 100% correct the handful of chains I have found thus far had lousy signals, lol... am hoping I can figure out the most sensitive settings etc for the XP so that I might get a nibble from a clasp.... want to try a few of my hunted out parks and chase that "lousy" signal now to see if I can find any chains that don't have a pendant... fun fun fun.... lol.

Again, thanks for sharing advice etc, I really appreciate and those are some awesome finds!!

Happy Hunting!

Ron F.
---------

Back
Top Bottom