CTX 3030 Pattern Question... Answered, thanks!

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Ok you CTX pattern experts, here's my question since I can't find the specific answer here or in Andy's book.

When you want to write a new pattern, and you're looking at the grid, how do you know where your numbers fall on the grid? Say just as an example that you want to include 12-36 to 12-40 in one little pattern bubble. Do you know somehow where that falls on the grid, or do you have to use a coin or coins and record that placement visually?

I have seen nothing that ties in actual numbers to the grid lines, so that's what sparked this question. Hope I asked this right, and hope someone out there knows!

Thanks in advance :grin:

Last edited:
Ok you CTX pattern experts, here's my question since I can't find the specific answer here or in Andy's book.

When you want to write a new pattern, and you're looking at the grid, how do you know where your numbers fall on the grid? Say just as an example that you want to include 12-36 to 12-40 in one little pattern bubble. Do you know somehow where that falls on the grid, or do you have to use a coin or coins and record that placement visually?

I have seen nothing that ties in actual numbers to the grid lines, so that's what sparked this question. Hope I asked this right, and hope someone out there knows!

Thanks in advance :grin:

You can see clearly using exchange program with your PC or lap top.
I can do with out using exchange program using just CTX alone, but using exchange program is easier to see and manage.

You can see clearly using exchange program with your PC or lap top.
I can do with out using exchange program using just CTX alone, but using exchange program is easier to see and manage.

Awesome, thank you and I can see exactly looking at the program. I had been doing programs from the book right on the machine and had no idea but thought that's what it all meant!

Lower left corner tells you where you are at when building a program in the exchange 2 program. untitled.jpg

It is best to run as open of a window as possible, I only disc out certain pull tabs or bottle caps ranges from digging known target numbers but knowing that I am probably sacrificing a good target when using the discrimination to remove an annoying target. I like to leave the window open down to FE 27 line. Most of the programs have way too much discrimination built in, in my opinion. Here is a chart like you were trying to build.ctx modified merged0001 - Copy (2).jpg

Thank you bibelot, that's a great chart. I have been reading up on discrimination on this unit and I think you're right, being a little conservative with what's blocked out seems to be a good idea. I do have one pattern set up just to cherry pick for those occasions when I only have half an hour or so but otherwise pretty open.

Read the CTX program thread that I started. There is a ton of info in there, I think I tried to remove the majority of the rubbish I posted while learning. I like to use target trace and I like the sensitivity ID panel, because I like to run sensitivity manually, it gives you an idea of where you should be to base your manual settings from.

Just remember if there are more than one target under the coil at any one time the ID's can be skewed a little. I have dug silver dimes as low as 12-39. Rely on a more open screen like bibelot says and go by tone , then watch your target trace to see what is under your coil. Mode you are hunting in plays into this a lot as well, along with whether you are in combined or co or fe tones.

Andy's book can be had on e-bay. It is a must read for the 3030 owner. I have owned mine for almost 2 years and constantly reference the book,
HH!

Andy's book can be had on e-bay. It is a must read for the 3030 owner. I have owned mine for almost 2 years and constantly reference the book,
HH!

Yes, I ordered it right off, and I've been dragging it around trying to absorb some of it every day. It's so packed with information that I have to read some, then try whatever I read, the go read more, just to be able to apply what he's saying! I think my learning curve has kinda flattened out some though, I'm starting to get it.

Page 6 post #109 ,I put some programs in to load to the exchange 2 program for the CTX.https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=240902&page=6

It was too hot to detect today and I had to mow anyway, so I sat down after and read that whole thread, lots of good info in there! I'm kinda figuring out the discrimination pattern concept, it's a lot easier than I thought at first, and I can tell a lot more looking at the patterns now. I know those posts make sense to me now where before I was just lost due to no point of reference. :lol:

It was too hot to detect today and I had to mow anyway, so I sat down after and read that whole thread, lots of good info in there! I'm kinda figuring out the discrimination pattern concept, it's a lot easier than I thought at first, and I can tell a lot more looking at the patterns now. I know those posts make sense to me now where before I was just lost due to no point of reference. :lol:

your like me haha, If I cant detect I am dreaming about detecting or reading about it.

Back
Top Bottom