CTX settings, Ferrous coin vs High trash

coin whisperer

Elite Member
After reading alot on the net Im inclined to use HighTrash where there is not a ton of iron and Ferrous Coin where there is alot of Iron present. In high trash and 50 tone the CTX sounds and ID's silver coins just like the etrac to me. I like the 50 tone and high trash over ferrous coin and combine and besides that when set to high trash I understand you will gain extra sensitivity. Do most of you guys mainly use gonehunting for history settings no matter if iron is present or not? If I understand correctly using high trash you can use disc pretty good and it separates junk Co from target Co better then ferrous coin

I'd say that all sounds about right. Some use FC all the time but it never clicked with me. I liked using disc and not hearing ever bong of iron. In heavy iron I would turn on FC open screen.

I'd say that all sounds about right. Some use FC all the time but it never clicked with me. I liked using disc and not hearing ever bong of iron. In heavy iron I would turn on FC open screen.

I don't know why you can't disc with Ferrous coin? and yes hunting the old park here it gets VERY VERY noisy with a open screen running the GHFH open screen pattern. I love bill s trashy park pattern with 50 tone and high trash

You sure can use FC with disc but I would usually use high trash/ 50co or open screen combined depending on conditions. Jressman did a great post on separation modes and when to use them...look in about detectors section

You sure can use FC with disc but I would usually use high trash/ 50co or open screen combined depending on conditions. Jressman did a great post on separation modes and when to use them...look in about detectors section

Yea I just looked at his post, why recommend combined with open screen over 50 tone? what is the difference besides audio difference?

Settings

What I done was bury a real deep coin and then play with all the different settings until I found the ones that gave the best response. If I remember right the conductive tones always seemed to hit better for me in my ground. If you notice I think the deep silver program uses the high trash instead of the ferrous coin setting. I know on the etrac when using the high trash setting it would try to lock onto the accepted target. If you compare a target with iron around it the ferrous coin will try to put the ID in the upper right hand area, with the high trash setting it will still hit and give a pretty decent signal but the cursor will be lower on the screen. You know me, I am running the trashy park pattern most of the time anyway.....;o)

Yea I just looked at his post, why recommend combined with open screen over 50 tone? what is the difference besides audio difference?

With combined you can still have iron give an iron sound if you want to check with an open screen. With 50 tone iron would probably make a high tone. Make sense?

With combined you can still have iron give an iron sound if you want to check with an open screen. With 50 tone iron would probably make a high tone. Make sense?

I would think in 50 tone iron still would hit on the low end of the scale and still give a low grunt right?:?:

Tone

I would think in 50 tone iron still would hit on the low end of the scale and still give a low grunt right?[

Not unless I am not remembering it right. I think on an open screen (50 Co) it would probably hit like the etrac did with an open screen, most iron sounded off with a high tone as it was in the lower right hand corner.

Not unless I am not remembering it right. I think on an open screen (50 Co) it would probably hit like the etrac did with an open screen, most iron sounded off with a high tone as it was in the lower right hand corner.

oh got ya:yes: I'll have to find a piece of iron and run it under the coil to see for sure

Back
Top Bottom