Sign on the Coinstars

metaladdict

Elite Member
There are ALOT of detectorists in Sonoma county. I think too many of us including me have inserted too many dirty corroded coins.:laughing: The sign reads no dirty or sticky coins it willjam the machine. Well they charge 11% to use so they will just have to take it.:laughing:
Anyhow I can bypass coinstar and put coins directly into the grocery store self serve coin slots to save money.:yes:

That's one of the only reasons I go to Wally World is to dump dirty coins at the self checkout. One helpful checker showed me that you can lift the cover where coins go in and pour them in faster instead of one at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I think too many of us including me have inserted too many dirty corroded coins.:laughing: The sign reads no dirty or sticky coins ...

Well durned you md'rs who don't follow the rules anyhow ! :nono: It's because of people like you that laws get invented against us, after all :foottap:

That's one of the only reasons I go to Wally World is to dump dirty coins at the self checkout. One helpful checker showed me that you can lift the cover where coins go in and pour them in faster instead of one at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Walmart employees hate those self serve checkouts cause it means fewer jobs, etc. (have had several urge me to contact WM corporate to complain about long lines and lack of real cashiers). I bet they want us to jam those things up.

I enjoy cleaning up the clad that I find. It goes thru the coin counter at my credit union and I walk out with a hand full of nice green bills. Cleaning clad gives me something to do from time to time when there is nothing worth watching on the TV. Unfortunately I don't find enough clad to keep me nearly busy enough.

I personally never actually considered dropping uncleaned coins I'd found in a counting machine or a vending machine. But, I don't clean and tumble for long periods for nice shiny coins either. Two hours generally.

It just seems low class to use dug coins without removing the basic surface crud.

No Detectorists allowed within 5 feet of a coinstar!:police:

:laughing:

Hope we never see a Coinstar like this ! :shock: :laughing:
coinstarmachine_dugcoins.jpg

Ugh!

A couple months ago I took my impeccably clean coins to my credit union for a run through the coin machine. $137 dollars went through effortlessly.
My habit is to check the bottom tray for any rejects. What I got out was
a bent nickel a couple rotted zincs, a handful of dirt and several blades of dead grass. I had a mental image of the car the last user drove in with.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 384
How many pounds of coins would you dare to take to a Coinstar machine at a given time? Amazon gift card machines will be my target also. I am approaching 100lbs!

100lbs you’re going to want to bring a chair and a lunch. Maybe some hand wipes to clean your hands.

I do about $200 to 250 when I go. Doesn’t take that long usually. Not sure what that equates to in pounds, maybe 15 lbs? At the most.

I don’t tumble my coins, I sort out the copper cents and keep those, wash the others with white vinegar and a bit of salt (zinc cents separately) in screw lid jar.

I have a pretty large pile of corroded zinc cents I don’t know what to do with...

They will know.. you will either be walking aimlessly towards the machine or Gridding your way over there.. not to mention that Swinging of only one arm when you walk.. oh yes.. THEY will know...

In reality, it would be the embarrassment of the wife that gives me away! You know... the I can't believe you do that, look!

Back
Top Bottom