Whats your number 1 tip for finding silver coins?

Spend some time talking with senior citizens. Most of them are walking talking libraries, slam full of info and they love to share! They can tell you where people gathered decades ago.. Picnic groves, swimming holes & other places that are long forgotten and off the grid. Some of these places were used heavily in the past for a long time, yet haven't seen any human activity in decades. Never had a coil swung over them and virtually no modern trash.

Listen to your gut instinct. Ever pass a spot of woods or pasture and think to yourself "man I don't know why, but that looks promising"? If so, get the permission and hunt it. You might be surprised. I've found some really good spots this way.

picture.php

picture.php

That’s a helluva pile DeWayne,a helluva pile....just jaw dropping.

I agree with hunting very trashy areas,but with one really really REALLY important caveat.....you have to know your machine VERY well and the machine has to have the capability of telling you SOMETHING about a target that you will interpret as a “dig this” signal. That’s it.

You guys must not have detectorist around your area like I do then!! I have a bug old park in my city that everybody hunts because it’s the only park here and nobody door knocks so it’s about the only public place to hunt. I can hunt that I place for a month straight and not find a wheat penny. Finding clad is next to impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2!

You guys must not have detectorist around your area like I do then!! I have a bug old park in my city that everybody hunts because it’s the only park here and nobody door knocks so it’s about the only public place to hunt. I can hunt that I place for a month straight and not find a wheat penny. Finding clad is next to impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have detectorists, but most tend to avoid the trashy spots. Nowadays, while in the parks, I spend half my time dodging the frisbee golf enthusiasts :lol:

At the beach you wait for erosion events. Think my record was 28 silver coins in one hunt of about 3 hours? But all the clad can wear you out if you don't start skipping it from all the digging.

Hi everyone I have started this thread so everyone in the community can share ideas on where the best areas to find silver coins are: farm's, public parks, sidewalk strips, where do you find silver the most?

Also please post your best silver coins and where you found them!

Happy hunting! :grin:

All of the places you mentioned in the question are good places for silver coins to be hiding, however the age of those places are important. It also comes down to just getting your coil over it, and knowing your coil is over it. Like if your hunting a old park that's been around for a long time, slow your swings down and dig the iffy signals, yes you'll dig iron from time to time (WE ALL DO) but you'll also be surprised to find a merc or better from time to time also and some really cool relic's too. HH.

Back
Top Bottom