Coin: Crispus Ruled from AD 317-326.(England)

Doug

Elite Member
A nice 'crisp' morning out in the local fields once again a variety of finds came my way over several days.

Very little natural daylight this time of the year so I'm having to use artificial lighting.

I used Renaissance Micro-Crystalline Wax Polish on the Crispus coin.

The coin will go dull over the next few days but it will 'slow' down the bronze disease showing on his neck.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

Deer track out of the local woods.

MNIf6bB.jpg

George 3rd 1816 sixpence.
JgHLsfN.jpg

Crispus coin.
98ypwwF.jpg

The Commonwealth Half-groat.
gsNCtb3.jpg

Roman Brooch.
kyk9cUM.jpg

Various finds.Lead item top left no ID.
xBMdr87.jpg

Jetton top right (counter)
KujQKNX.jpg

Roman Dolphin brooch AD 75-150
n343LsR.jpg

36GpaRX.jpg

"Coins struck( 1649-60) during the Commonwealth have inscriptions in English instead of Latin as a truer expression of Protestantism.

St. Georg’s cross and the Irish harp take place of the royal arms.

The silver penny was issued for the last time.

Coins with mintmark anchor were struck during the protectorship of Richard Cromwell."

bgVmDV6.jpg

q9p7GQq.jpg

"Reign 1 March 317 - 326
Died 326
Full name
Flavius Julius Crispus
Regnal name
Flavius Julius Crispus Caesar
Father Constantine I
Mother Minervina"

p2INNer.jpg

Trade token: "Constables of Taunton" in 1667 AD.
yEaxvnY.jpg

fQSn4fv.jpg

WW1 General Service button.
INR3JoA.jpg

Part of a modern butterfly brooch?
dcz3Knx.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn’t imagine finding those kind of relics and coins. Our earliest around here is 1700’s which blows us away. Maybe I’ll make it your way some time I’m half Welsh. Might wanna see my grandfather’s homeland. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug I just love the pics and explanation around everything you dig. As always thanks for sharing and always reaching out to me with advice and simple talk. Your a super guy and maybe one day I’ll make it over this pond to enjoy the land and history.

One word...AWESOME!!!

Thanks Ron.

I couldn’t imagine finding those kind of relics and coins. Our earliest around here is 1700’s which blows us away. Maybe I’ll make it your way some time I’m half Welsh. Might wanna see my grandfather’s homeland. Congratulations

Thank you.

Wow...you're so lucky to be living amongst such great history!

Thank you, but I could do with some of your sunshine from down under over this side of the world.

Doug I just love the pics and explanation around everything you dig. As always thanks for sharing and always reaching out to me with advice and simple talk. Your a super guy and maybe one day I’ll make it over this pond to enjoy the land and history.

Thanks Mike.

I have already a few more finds from this week which will span the millennia's.

As usual, very interesting finds there and great descriptions to go along with them!

Wow those are some amazing finds. Always jealous of the UK stuff. Someday maybe I will be lucky enough to go there!

Congrats on the abolutely stunning finds! The explanations for those of us who are unfamiliar with those types of finds is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for posting all the pics. I always read your posts because of the great pics and explanations.

Thank you once again for your kind comments.

I have another array of finds spanning the millenniums from this week.

I am waiting for some ID's on some of the Roman coins to come through.

A Roman brooch I have now had a confirmed ID back from the FLO (Finds Liaison Officer)

Back
Top Bottom