• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First hunt with the Nox!

Bajanick

Elite Member
I had to join the bandwagon and pickup a Equinox (600) :giggle: . Played with it for about

half hour over a couple days being that it was raining and had no time to take it out.

After pouring over the manual I figure the best way to learn the machine is to simply take

It out and start detecting. Running in Park 1 got a couple bottle caps then a couple clad

coins, then I dug this thing that says " Le Debut Richard Hudnut " On it, I pressed the little

button on the side and it popped open. After a quick search Online its a 1930s

vintage cosmetic case. Kinda cool.

I moved on to another site and dug a Petco tag that says "2012 Best in Show"

It started to rain and It was cold so I had to end the day there.

Attachments

• FirstNoxFinds.jpg
    FirstNoxFinds.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 359
  • CosmeticCase.jpg
    CosmeticCase.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
I had to join the bandwagon and pickup a Equinox (600) :giggle: . Played with it for about

half hour over a couple days being that it was raining and had no time to take it out.

After pouring over the manual I figure the best way to learn the machine is to simply take

It out and start detecting. Running in Park 1 got a couple bottle caps then a couple clad

coins, then I dug this thing that says " Le Debut Richard Hudnut " On it, I pressed the little

button on the side and it popped open. After a quick search Online its a 1930s

vintage cosmetic case. Kinda cool.

I moved on to another site and dug a Petco tag that says "2012 Best in Show"

It started to rain and It was cold so I had to end the day there.

I hope you enjoy your new detector. Here is a link to some easy to understand instructions on your detector. At least they helped me.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

Cool makeup case. Good luck with the Nox.
Thanks Jam, Its not an Etrac but hopefully it will help hit some deep silver.

I hope you enjoy your new detector. Here is a link to some easy to understand instructions on your detector. At least they helped me.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

Thanks Dan, I have seen a few of those. I plan on checking out the rest.

Congrats on the new detector and the maiden voyage!

Thanks Tom, Its a new begining. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new machine and first finds with it. That compact is in amazing shape! Not a bad first outing.:yes:

Congrats Nick on the new addition to the tool shed. The "Nox" should be a very nice machine for you. Take the time to really learn it. I got mine late last summer and am very pleased but still a lot of learning to do. Trapper

Congrats on the new machine and first finds with it. That compact is in amazing shape! Not a bad first outing.:yes:
Thanks Wave, I had no idea what it was until I looked it up.

That is a cool make up case, good luck with your new toy!
Thanks cellr, I dont think of it as a toy, more of a tool to recover historical........ Who am I kidding its a toy for a fun hobby....:laughing:

Congrats Nick on the new addition to the tool shed. The "Nox" should be a very nice machine for you. Take the time to really learn it. I got mine late last summer and am very pleased but still a lot of learning to do. Trapper
Thanks jack&jill, Yes, I plan on it, maybe even pick up the book everyone has been talking about.

There is some history of the Hudnut name in my town.

A factory once called Lambert Hudnut most noted for Listerine.

It then was called Warner Lambert which also invented Lipitor. The cholesterol drug worth billions.

Pfizer bought Warner Lambert for the Pharmaceutical end of the business and eventually sold all or most of the consumer healthcare side to Johnson and Johnson.

Listerine is still made here along with other things like Baby Oil, Aveno and Neosporin.

Old people around town still refer to the factory as the Hudnut. My Aunt worked there for a long time. They had quite a cosmetic line at one time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom