Equinox 600 and 6" coil

Majuba Man

Has anyone used the new equinox 6" coil on the 600 and if so what is your experience? Good, bad, or personal preference - any difference in depth?

It is a great combo for the 600 or 800. Works very well in trashy areas to picking out the good stuff. It loves deep dimes. Goes as deep as the standard coil. A good extra tool to have to complement your appropriate hunting locations.

I'm going to purchase one before the season starts up here.

I've heard nothing but good things about it...I'm looking forward to trying it in our trashy park

That's a good coil for getting in closer to metal fenceposts, playground equipment, rebar in sidewalks, etc. Also good for poking around between trash signals, looking for coins and such. I've used mine on my 800 for several hunts since last summer. I often switch between that and the stock 11", depending on where I'm hunting. The smaller coil is also needed to poke around between weeds, bushes, and other tight spots. It hits deep enough to be worth using, for sure. The 11" coil gives you more coverage, with a much bigger footprint, and a little better depth, but a little less target separation.
All the same should hold true for the 600; same as the 800...I think.

Hi,

I have used mine for gold prospecting on my 800 and for heavy aluminum trash coin and jewelry hunting on my 600. It works great for both. For the 600, it will easily detect coin sized objects down to 7" with pretty good target ID in mild soil. Depth is less in high mineralization. It is fantastic at separating good targets from bad in 5" or less, dense aluminum/bottle cap trash. I have heard and read about some people not liking it as much for relics in dense iron. I don't have any experience with that. Well worth the expense for me!

Jeff

Hi,

I have used mine for gold prospecting on my 800 and for heavy aluminum trash coin and jewelry hunting on my 600. It works great for both. For the 600, it will easily detect coin sized objects down to 7" with pretty good target ID in mild soil. Depth is less in high mineralization. It is fantastic at separating good targets from bad in 5" or less, dense aluminum/bottle cap trash. I have heard and read about some people not liking it as much for relics in dense iron. I don't have any experience with that. Well worth the expense for me!

Jeff

Thanks, this is some of the info I was looking for! I have a Whites 24K and Minelab SDC2300 that are pretty well tuned in for the gold, I picked the Nox600 for coin shooting and wanted to see if the smaller coil would help with coins in trashy areas. Appreciate it and good luck!

I just bought the 6” coil for trashy parks, tot-lots, overgrown brushy foundations, and gold nugget hunting :cool: arrives Friday!

6" coil received, the weather has been a little difficult but so far this new coil is "A Winner". I'll be glad when the weather settles down and I can get serious about going over ground I have covered before.

I was not to impressed with it. I liked the 11" coil in trashy parks and I run recovery at 6 on the Nox 800. It takes awhile to get use to swinging a hockey puck.

The 6" coil is a slow go. I carry it in my pack with all my other essentials. The 6" only comes out in a spot that is totally trash laden. Most spots like this I have exhausted all good targets with the 11" coil so I throw the 6" to see if I can pull a few more good targets. Great for griding small patches. Also its great around trees, saplings in the woods, or getting a little closer to metal objects. I don't recall finding a silver with mine yet, but have recovered at least two Buffalo nickels around trees while using it. I actually need to use it more often. I am sure I have missed some stuff while using the bigger coil.

This is a great coil. I use it in super trashy spots after the stock coil stops producing. The stock coil is pretty impressive in separation. In my moderate mineralization it will hit coins at 6" but not 8". I use it in heavy iron. The IDs can be drug down depending on how much iron and mode used. I find that the IDs are drug down farther in park2 vs park1. The way I run it in heavy iron is in 2 tone with sensitivity in the mid to high teens. Be careful about to much sens. I ignore the #s and dig any repeatable high tone.

Back
Top Bottom