Silver #70 & #71 FTY... and Finally Got to #100 Lifetime. Both Barbers!

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Went on a late Thanksgiving night hunt. It was cold! My big NEL Thunder coil slid nicely across the frosted grass and quickly became frosty itself. I knew I wouldn't last long with it being so cold, so I was more picky about the signals i dug. My knees quickly got wet and cold after just a few digs. It was dark, so I couldn't be certain what I had dug, unless it was silver. Few things more exciting than old silver coins in the moonlight. I only dug about 10 signals. The first silver was a worn 1901 Barber dime. #99 Lifetime. I then dug another coin that I was sure was a V nickel, but turns out to be a trade token (I will make another post for it) I think it may be quite valuable. I was working my way back to my car, and sweeped over one of the sweetest signals. It was repeatable all directions, crisp, tight, and deep. Flipped over the plug and scooped the dirt from the hole. The silver quarter caught the moonlight and I knew I had found #100! That feeling of excitement from a nice find just NEVER gets old! A 1898 Barber quarter. I put in my mouth for safe keeping (I know, gross) and quickly made it to my car.

I had a great Thanksgiving with the family and topped it off with a spectacular hunt. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20181122_235931_resized.jpg
    20181122_235931_resized.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20181122_235952_resized.jpg
    20181122_235952_resized.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 165
A huge congrats, Great way to hit the century mark. I hit mine a few weeks ago and still stuck there. Hopefully the weather will moderate and give you time to add to the count, Again congrats. HH Mark

Nice what a way to hit the 100 silver mark on back to back barbers! Trade tokens are very cool hope it’s a good one!

You didn't waste any time Tyler going after these two. Congrats on career 100 and a hunt you will put into the memory archives to relive many times over. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom