Century-old Thanksgiving finds from the family farm

Jodo_Kast501

My family goes from KY to Iowa to spend Thanksgiving with family and we have the celebration on the day at a farmhouse built by our family back in 1897. This is the second year I've brought my detector and last year I only had the Ace 250; the AT Pro has been a big upgrade.

I always love finding Barber dimes – these are 1904 and 1905-O. And I had never found a V nickel before today, but I found two in the same hole today (1906 and 1907)! And the beautiful doorknob and skeleton key were great two. I left one nickel, one dime, the key, and the doorknob with my cousin who lives in the house. Sad for me, but she has done a huge amount to take care of the house and keep it the family, so I don't really mind.

8ZyXo5Hl.jpg

pffwKVcl.jpg

xx3uWasl.jpg

What a neat Thanksgiving tradition! Those are some excellent finds, and with amazing sentimental value. I hope that you and your family have had a happy Thanksgiving... God has truly blessed! :grin:

Great finds! Love barbers and Vs! I had a smililiar tradition but on easter!

Maybe you can make a cool display to hang above the fire place at the old family farm? Would be cool! Nice finds, happy hunting and holidays!

Back
Top Bottom