Lesson Learned

Lightningjack

Forum Supporter
One of my first silver finds taught me a good lesson, I pin pionted this at my local park at around 5 inchs-Not knowing any better marked the spot and dug straight down. Needless to say I dig around the signals now.
picture.php

Ahhh the ever present digger scratch... sucks.. but hey, hopefully it own't happen again. Nice find on the Barber!

yep, a few of my first finds look like that too! first digging tool was a screwdriver id just jab it into the ground and keep doing it till what ever was metal came out. i like too take a little more care now.

I have also done that a few times , but was lucky mine weren't real valuable coins just newer pennies . I try not to do it but do get sloppy sometimes when I'm excited about a target still have to learn control .

HH Harold

Yowsa! I generally dig a very large diameter plug to avoid this...and honestly it might also have something to do with the detector I am using and the fact that I don't own a pinpointer;)

Nice find even if it is scratched. Another lesson is not to wear steel toed boots!:lol:

You're not alone... I scratched my first silver coin, too. Lesson learned, you'll always remember your first silver coin, and you have a story to tell!

emdees

Nice find even if it is scratched. Another lesson is not to wear steel toed boots!:lol:

Funny you should mention that, I acually had a tiny piece of iron somehow get under my coil cover on my XLT a couple yrs ago, took me a few days of constantly digging false singnals to figure it out, Not to mention trying to pinpoint-Would get a signal and end up 3ft away from it.

Back
Top Bottom