Pinpointer woes

rcasi44

Elite Member
My 140 mm pinpointer has be acting up, intermitent switch and only four months old. I saw Oz had the same problem. Then I saw Okiediggers fix. Like him I didn't want to wait to send it in and besides I'd get the same kind of switch. Did the repair and it works great and the switch looks cool. Thanks for the switch number. They have a smaller switch which might be easier to fit but I when with your number. Rob

Glad your fix worked for you. Seems like I read a lot of this problem with PP's lately. You would think they would install better switches in the first place. :?:

And that big red switch looks good. For anyone having problems check the Okiediggers post in the fix it forum. Rob

Hey, glad to hear it worked for you Rob. I could have put a smaller switch in, but it just made more sense to me to put in the bigger one. It's so much easier to press and hold.

rcasi44 said:
My 140 mm pinpointer has be acting up, intermitent switch  and only four months old. I saw Oz had the same problem. Then I saw Okiediggers fix. Like him I didn't want to wait to send it in and besides I'd get the same kind of switch. Did the repair and it works great and the switch looks cool. Thanks for the switch number. They have a smaller switch which might be easier to fit but I when with your number.  Rob
[/quote

If your pinpointer has a push button instead of a pushpad you can get replacements at radio shack that worked great for me.
they are very easy to replace.

Back
Top Bottom