"pinpointer" - man, I'm cheap

jmlarence

Have been out with the Prism II four times so far. Once to a small lake beach, then to an ocean beach, a ball field parking lot, and the backyard. (29 coins so far) Having good luck and great fun but feel a smaller handheld "pointer" would be helpful once digging starts.

My process after location has been to dig a shovel full then scan the hole again. Sometimes I need to dig deeper/wider, other times the item is in the pile of extracted earth. Either way, it's been a lot of up and down. Have been looking for a low dollar pinpointer (CEN-TECH out of stock and was considering the Little Wizard) and found this one.

http://scientificsonline.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_3070703

Yes, it's a bit "toyish" but small, light, and very cost effective. Also like the idea of the 3x magnifier for reading dates and details. Planning to gasket or tape the case seam during assembly to keep dirt and sand out. It's on order and will post thoughts after receipt, assembly, and use.

Had four+ hours into the search, and wanted to post a link for anyone else looking for small, hand-held options for short money.

Best regards and HH,

Jeff

Sounds like you're doing well. The Prizim is an awesome pinpointing machine. With practice, you should rarely have to "widen" the hole.

Good luck with the pinpointer assembly. We'll watch for your next post.

Back
Top Bottom