public beaches

lilymay100

I am new to the metal detecting. I have no idea about what is ok to hunt and what is not ok. Are public beaches ok to hunt? Do I have to get permission and how would I go about doing this? I have tested my machine in the back yard to try to get used to the different blips and bleeps depending on what I am going over. Any help would be appreciated. I live in the Fort Lauderdale Florida area if that helps. Thank you.

My opinion is that beaches should be detected early in the morning before the lifeguards get there, or in the evening after the lifeguards leave. Do not detect around people with their blankets and stuff and always fill your holes.

Good advice from Carol.
Also, if any dodgy looking characters come up and ask what you've found, just tell them you've found nothing.

It's virtually the same situation with beaches in the UK Although there is talk of a licence being introduced for beach detecting. :mad:

I have never had a problem out here on our public California beaches, any time of day or night! :cool::roll::D

If they are public beaches, not part of some wildlife sanctuary or perservation area... you should be good to go. Down in Lauderdale you shouldn't have much problem I wouldn't think.

Back
Top Bottom