are public beaches legal to hunt on?

relichunter4

Are Public beaches legal to go Metal detecting on in MN? if anyone can answer this question for me that would be great.

I would say yes as long as your town/city does not have rules againts it. Check the town/city web site. Mainly Public is a go ahead.

I'm not sure about your state, but in Ny we can detect on city and town beach's. State beach's require a permit and can only be detected at the end of the season. Some go to the beach to swim, we go to the beach to swing.

I live a mile or two south of Madison, Wi. MY town, McFarland NO metal detcting ordinance "Turf protection" ordinance is in effect. Same with Monona which is basically part of Madison but you CAN detect pretty much anywhere IN Madison. Town parks, Right of ways, Beaches, etc etc. Just stop by the parks comission here and pick up a FREE permit. They just make/ask you to read a one page "ethics/rules" sheet and sign it. Basic stuff really. Call your county/city parks comission and ask them.

Yes but it changes county to county, some require them, others don't. Ramsey requires that you obtain a letter from them and you must carry it. Washington doesn't require a permit or permission but you have to pay for a parking permit or day permits and they have rules. I'm not sure about Hennepin. When approaching county government please be cheerful, positive, and obey all of their rules to the letter. They are relying on the honor system to provide these privilages.

Are Public beaches legal to go Metal detecting on in MN? if anyone can answer this question for me that would be great.

Hunting public beaches seems o be ok here, but even the public swim beaches here charge an admission fee. Not sure how that would work out. I'd like to hit a couple swim beaches in the parks here, but not if it'll cost me $5 up front.

Dirt Nuker $5 up front isnt anything to think about. If you are the first person to do this task there you will be nicely rewarded. Heck. One basic ring covers that and we dont even have to mention the clad in the sand. My suggestion for a public beach with an admission, ( a few around here) is to go very early, right at opening time and either early or late in the season. Possibly on a school day when "kiddies" are a lot less likely to bring thier parents with them. :)

The unfortunate part is that your detector, if you still have the 250 in your sig, is that its not water proof like the AT -Pro is so you're limited to water depth. I was that way last year with my 350 so I sold it on Ebay and got a heck of a deal on a lightly used AT-PRO with lots of goodies and saved about $300.00 in doing so. Still a little gun shy and extremely reserved about getting my AT-PRO wet for the first time. Gonna be hard to submerge it but my friend madcitydiggers does it all the time so I know it will be done. March 20th in Wisconsin and I'm already thinking about going "Swimming" for coins up to my groin if need be. Or just wear my chest wadders from hunting season and use my digger but my locator hand sure will get cold. Good luck DN. Hope you hit those pay beaches.

At least in my area the parks offer year passes, I think it is usually $5 per day here but the annual pass is only $25 and it cover a bunch of big parks with lots of amenities.

Hunting public beaches seems o be ok here, but even the public swim beaches here charge an admission fee. Not sure how that would work out. I'd like to hit a couple swim beaches in the parks here, but not if it'll cost me $5 up front.

Back
Top Bottom