• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

You salt water hunters may like this (new model detector coming) Tarsucci MDT-8000

I would be interested if I could see a video testing 24k of different sizes and shapes compared to or next to iron. I've heard the manta cant tell the difference between 24k and iron at depth... not sure if that's true or not though

Found a pic of the battery install...

IMG_1428.jpg

Just as I remembered... in the shaft. Pretty cool. Puts the weight behind the forearm. I don't recall him saying whether it comes with a rechargeable or not.

R5

Product launch (discrete).
See below.
Also be on the lookout for actual purchaser feedback soon.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LET'S LAUNCH! It's time. All items received; all
> items 'dialed-in'. Many units boxed up. BUT...…
> . I want to launch in discrete fashion. Let me hav
> e a few wet-salt beach hunters first. Beach hunter
> s that may/may-not wade into (no greater than) wai
> st-deep water. Send me a PM...… and type me your m
> ailing address TWICE. (This really helps clear pos
> sible typo's).
>
> We actually made a soft-launch a few days ago.....
> as …. some detectors are already in the mail syste
> m. Folks may start to see 'posts' shortly...….. fo
> r those folks that want to wait/see...….. for anot
> her incremental instillment of warm-fuzzies. Under
> stood. Zero prob's. (((That's "why" I did this))).

Btw I have a unit coming. Won’t help the salt water hunters. I will be using mine in dirt. Thus my feedback will be posted in all about detectors section below.

Product launch (discrete).
See below.
Also be on the lookout for actual purchaser feedback soon.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LET'S LAUNCH! It's time. All items received; all
> items 'dialed-in'. Many units boxed up. BUT...…
> . I want to launch in discrete fashion. Let me hav
> e a few wet-salt beach hunters first. Beach hunter
> s that may/may-not wade into (no greater than) wai
> st-deep water. Send me a PM...… and type me your m
> ailing address TWICE. (This really helps clear pos
> sible typo's).
>
> We actually made a soft-launch a few days ago.....
> as …. some detectors are already in the mail syste
> m. Folks may start to see 'posts' shortly...….. fo
> r those folks that want to wait/see...….. for anot
> her incremental instillment of warm-fuzzies. Under
> stood. Zero prob's. (((That's "why" I did this))).

Btw I have a unit coming. Won’t help the salt water hunters. I will be using mine in dirt. Thus my feedback will be posted in all about detectors section below.
Did you.buy it? From where and price?

Received unit.
This is how it is packed.
Pics taken with iPad mini
Quality of pics could be lacking vs how this detector really looks here in the pics -fit and finish wise

wqvo0g.jpg

Headphones and pig tail

2mwv53m.jpg

Coil and coil cover

35jh74y.jpg

Control unit with upper and lower rods

16nhw6.jpg

Pic of back of control head

1z3bbx4.jpg

Charger box with batteries (2) inside

i5vtw2.jpg

Charger and batteries

5nn7ec.jpg

Backpack

25svfgy.jpg

Some follow up info.
Seems my unit didn’t come with protective covering on screen. Have already applied protective covering. After installation viewing is nice.
Menu is very easy to navigate.
I can say this only after playing with for 20 minutes.
Hardest part of navigation will be when selecting black sand and salt. Still very easy.
Coil bolt holds coil in place with little torque.

At turn on battery level voltage and serial number with software revision number comes in screen. My unit has teens serial number and seems it has revision 1 software loaded.

This detector how it feels and handles is deemed “precision instrument” imo. Haven’t run any unit that has the feel this unit does. Not CTX, not Deus, not anything.
Very rigid yet light with exacting feedback as far as sweeping vs holding detector. NO SLOP whatsoever.
Camlocks are adjustable for how tight they clamp. So with some use break in, some small adjustment may be necessary. Folks shouldn’t overdo how tight they adjust them for closure.

Tones, you saw in video where I said sounds similar to AKA Sorex and MFT detector units. This is a good thing imo. I have stated on this forum and elsewhere how much I liked the tones on those units. This sound here though not in all modes.

More later. Need to put more time on.

This machine still reminds me very much of an AquaSound..... which is a Nautilus in a box. There is a lot of what i would expect...... taking the old tech bringing it up to date. Few years back i sold an AquaSound to a guy in Calf who knew it wouldnt really work there.... but wanted to mess with it.... hummm makes me wonder now.

This machine still reminds me very much of an AquaSound..... which is a Nautilus in a box. There is a lot of what i would expect...... taking the old tech bringing it up to date. Few years back i sold an AquaSound to a guy in Calf who knew it wouldnt really work there.... but wanted to mess with it.... hummm makes me wonder now.

It reminds me of that as well, just opposite of what the Aqua could do... Almost reverse in that is good in black sand and areas high in mineralization...

The depth of a pulse had me curious, especially when I am running one of my machines at 19.5v under load. Even my weak machine I run at 16v... All about the coil though...

SS..... i see you are still out there buddy. Yes the only real fault the Aqua had was loss of real depth on black sand. Well that and it would leave your ears ringing from shallow targets. IF..... this is like them, they are dang good machines. Tendall (Nautilus) was way ahead of his time on how well these single freq work and the built quality. If so...... ya i can see how these can be real gold finders.

Back
Top Bottom