Gold ring #106 FTY

wow

Wow! That's truly amazing! I hope I can be at your level one day. But for now I gotta pay those bills. Congratulations on working hard and playing harder!

And look what detector he uses... he doesn't need the latest and greatest because what he has is the best. 1 machine not a entire room full.
I have to agree Craig, the Excalibur rules in the water. But it's not stock either so that is part of the secret.

I have to agree Craig, the Excalibur rules in the water. But it's not stock either so that is part of the secret.

I know this Joe... I know all about the tinkering... a successful hunter has to put the time in and be serious about.. research, reading a beach knowing where to hunt and when... if they don't do that they should stick to the dry stuff with an ace 250 and pull some chump change.

Craig

Do you have # 108 for this year ? , you have the same set up as OBN , guys like me post a couple times a year, only to have , the beat down from the Ct stagnet gold crew, thanks bro., you & Swing are the best :thumbsup:

Do you have # 108 for this year ? , you have the same set up as OBN , guys like me post a couple times a year, only to have , the beat down from the Ct stagnet gold crew, thanks bro., you & Swing are the best :thumbsup:

I'm just stating my opinion Earl... I haven't hunted in at a beach since September Earl... can't do it with my menieres..

What I was trying to say is its more than a detector to find gold on a consistent basis...

Thanks DF! Makes for a great day.

Thanks Earl, It comes, it goes, but we will go when it does. Miss the crew up there...

Thanks Skippy, 56 is very good. I'm retired now and have the time, so it makes a world of difference when you can pick and choice the best conditions to hunt in...And I am Blessed to live near water, the Chesapeake Bay.

That bay must be loaded, if you're pulling 100+ a year. Wicked fun hobby you've got, OBN.

Btw, thanks again for the silver rings that were gunked up, that you sent to let me practice on with Electrolisis. I was astonished at how long some pieces took (and how stinky the kitchen got, LOL). Some of them barely had any metal left on the inside of all that black. It was a great lesson in chemistry. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

Wow! That's truly amazing! I hope I can be at your level one day. But for now I gotta pay those bills. Congratulations on working hard and playing harder!
Thank You! What really made the difference was time, I retired. I may not hunt 8 hours a day and 5 days a week but now I can choice the best days to hunt. Makes all the difference in the world.

I know this Joe... I know all about the tinkering... a successful hunter has to put the time in and be serious about.. research, reading a beach knowing where to hunt and when... if they don't do that they should stick to the dry stuff with an ace 250 and pull some chump change.
So true, I spend a lot of time just getting to know the spots I hunt, and kind of keeping a log in my head on the changes over the last 5 years.

Nice job.
Thanks Usa!

That bay must be loaded, if you're pulling 100+ a year. Wicked fun hobby you've got, OBN.

Btw, thanks again for the silver rings that were gunked up, that you sent to let me practice on with Electrolisis. I was astonished at how long some pieces took (and how stinky the kitchen got, LOL). Some of them barely had any metal left on the inside of all that black. It was a great lesson in chemistry. :)

Cheers!

Skippy
OMG, I know that nasty smell, now I just crunch the silvers cookie off. I've got good at knowing which to do it to also, some like you said are less then paper thin..

Many think the bay is loaded but I've yet to see anyone finding any quantity gold other then me. Most here have no clue on how to hunt the older beach's, but they sure can out hunt me on those fresh drop beach's. I love taking other hunters out and watching them, I have learned don't tell them you found gold till after the hunt. I did that a few times and next thing you know they were circling me. The closest hunter to me in gold this year that hunts the bay was my hunting partner, Mr Scott 20 gold for the year..

106 gold rings in a year :shock:

That is just insane. Nice score, Joe.

Many think the bay is loaded but I've yet to see anyone finding any quantity gold other then me. Most here have no clue on how to hunt the older beach's, but they sure can out hunt me on those fresh drop beach's. I love taking other hunters out and watching them, I have learned don't tell them you found gold till after the hunt. I did that a few times and next thing you know they were circling me. The closest hunter to me in gold this year that hunts the bay was my hunting partner, Mr Scott 20 gold for the year..

That doesn't surprise me. We can become very specialized in how we hunt. I've only ever met one other hunter who had the same level of gold finding that I do on land. There is an interesting, and fundamental difference, in my opinion, between those who are out to find money, and incidentally find gold, and those who are out to find gold, but are happy to pick up money along the way. The signals you skip/check are very different, due to what your targeted target is. Just an opinion, of course, but it seems to explain why I can go to a park and not find a single quarter, very few dimes, but pull out two gold rings, and a gob of pennies.

OBN, there is a ton to learn from you. I love your specialized equipment, too. It's clear you know what you're doing. Results speak.

Cheers!

Skippy

Congrats on numbers 106 and 107! :clapping: The gemstone in the first is beautiful... can you identify it?
Thank You, You know I'm not sure what it is other then a red stone which red stones have always been my favorite.

WTG Joe. A pirates pirate for sure.
Thanks Frank, and yes we are buddy of the same blood.

Congratulations to the pirate OBN with a large gold! ;)
Thanks Stavr! Keep up the great scoops!

Good job Joe... only 28 more to top last years totals ;)
Thanks Craig, only got out twice this week, looking bleak until we have some kind of movement.

Really happy to see your killing it this year. It seems that every year is a deja Vu year. Congrats on a great year. I wish you many more to come and have a very Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Slider! I'm amazed every end of year myself...the places are really slowing down, and I say that every year too.

106 gold rings in a year :shock:

That is just insane. Nice score, Joe.
Thanks Swinglow, my goal next year as it was this year..50, will see.

Dude that’s an awesome addition! Can’t get over that pile of gold pic you leaked out a few posts ago :wow:

Congrats!
Thanks GS, I'll be grabbing that from the safety deposit box come the New year for a update. I will post it this time around, earl-ier

Another one bites the dust......Awesome buddy!!
Thanks Joe, Won't be long till you do the same, retiring has made it all possible here.

Very nice haul Mr. OBN. A very nice clean up as well.
Thanks Dirtydog! One of my favorite parts, cleaning up the treasures.

Nice chunk of gold!
Thanks Vermonster, funny I just noticed monster in your name...:shock:

Many Thanks for the Kind replies..:pirates:

13.1 grams of 10k is worth...

wait for it...

$219 AND FIFTEEN CENTS!

:D

R5

Back
Top Bottom