What a day for clad hunting (broke into the triple digits)

sandgroper

Elite Member
Schools finally over for me, so lately I’ve been making the most of my time (while I’m waiting to get a job). I had three hours spare before we met up with friends, and given it was Saturday, schools wouldn’t have children in them. Decided to head to one where a few months ago I got just under $85 in four or so hours.

The very first coin was a 50c coin, but turned out to be a 2013 Bathurst Endurance Race coin. These cost about $50 in uncirculated condition and you can buy them from the mint, so the coin would’ve likely been dropped in uncirculated condition. Very rare to find such coins, but I guess some kid must’ve raided their parents collection. The next three hours spent digging up coin after coin. Even found a coin spill in a garden bed by the playground of two American quarters and a nickel. :lol: Your quarters ring up very high! (but that nickel didn’t, 12:13 on the CTX I think).

Sometime later I found the silver ring on the side of oval, which was followed by an zinc penny (a little crusty so I figured it was zinc). At the two hour mark I realised that I may be getting close to the $100 mark, so I sat down, did a count, and noticed I needed another $20 or so. Wasn’t hard to find that, even found a dime! :laughing: An hour later I finished with $127.03 (and nearly every American coin, except for half dollar and dollar). :wow: That’s a new personal best clad total for me!

Other finds include 20c Hong Kong, the Eiffel Tower, some sort of Tap Dancing badge, a vintage Royal Life Saving Badge (quite happy about this one), two dices, a junk ring and also that silver ring.

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpg
    IMG_2740.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2741.jpg
    IMG_2741.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 141
I really wish the US had more $1 and $2 coins in circulation. It's tough making gas money with just quarters, dimes and nickels. Nice hunt!

Nice pile of coins there.

Thanks! :)

That's a grundle of those small, fatty 2 dollar coins!

Thank you! Guess people lose them so often because they're so small

I really wish the US had more $1 and $2 coins in circulation. It's tough making gas money with just quarters, dimes and nickels. Nice hunt!

Thanks! I can imagine it being quite difficult to rack up large amounts with mostly quarters, would take a lot of work. But I noticed the quarters and dimes ring up very high on the detector. Quite like a silver ring.

Back
Top Bottom