BLACK FRIDAY SILVER...Yet another Silver in the Curb Strips

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Post Thanksgiving/Black Friday quick hunt. We have never been fans of the "Black Friday" mad rush so while everyone was taking the exit to Walmart I took my usual exit to my curb strips....Glad I did.

While Mother Nature was taking a leak all over me this morning and almost gave me a "skunk" for my efforts, I was able to salvage a 1943P Washington from a curb strip.

Because I have gone over the same ground my new technique is to oscillate between two different programs while hunting. One is more of a "cherry picking" program that screams on silver and the other is more technical and numbers and tone focused.

Didn't find one Wheatie (the second hunt in a row) or anything else of significance. Clad total was $2.43, hunt was 2 1/2 hours.

Only one photo because one really needs to see multiple pics of the same coin.

HH and good luck out there!

Attachments

• 11_23 Silver Quarter.jpg
    11_23 Silver Quarter.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 342
:woot: Nice silver! You've definitely been making some great coin finds lately. :yes: I enjoyed your story... a reminder to me that sometimes God blesses in ways we least expect it! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Smiling with and for you Paul. Congrats on adding another to the coffers. Hope you keep it up. Trapper

Trying! Tomorrow I have a hunt with Cruiserkev... Funny thing about our hunts is that we rarely, if ever, both find silver while on a hunt together. I hope tomorrow breaks that little "curse"... LOL

itd be great to find the location of where the ice cream trucks stopped during their routes. I hunted a park located city of artesia ca and found what I could remember the concession booths like cotton candy ride tickets etc. next to library. wow did I get some looks from people. however I went few weeks later not a single tone was found like someone was a metal detecting ninja and went in after me and cleaned out the park...

Back
Top Bottom