Checking in from Osaka, Japan

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Hey everyone, I'm an expat Canuck now living in Osaka (10 years now) and like to get out detecting whenever I can. :yes: Haven't been out much lately but planning on braving the cold and getting my butt out there sometime this month. I use a Minelab Sovereign and detect beaches, fields, mountains, wherever there ain't concrete basically! :p

I hope to learn a lot here and get to know some of you. :D

Hi Stewart, Welcome from Australia, It would be great to find where some of those old historic battles took place. A very old dynamic brutal history and there must be some amazing things lost there.

Cheers

Hi Stewart,

Welcome to the forum. I am a little envious of your location. Osaka is a great place for Japanese food, without the astronomical prices paid in Tokyo. :shock:

Do you go often to the restaurants in the Minami district?

I remember going out to a fugu restaurant (I think they call the dish "tessa" <sp?> in Osaka) with four Japanese guys from the company. We drank (too many) tall glasses of sake that contained the tail of the blow fish we had for dinner, char grilled in a hibachi. Gave the sake a nice amber color and an exquisite flavor.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to detect the grounds around Osaka castle? ;)

Welcome

Welcome from Texas. Great to have you on the forum. Good luck and happy hunting. Would love to see some of your finds

Welcome

Well, from mid USA, Kansas, welcome to the forum Stewart. It will be interesting hear and seeing some of your finds, I'm sure.

Dusty Eagle

Welcome from NE Florida, I am looking forward to hearing about your finds.

Back
Top Bottom