• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ace 9X12 coil?

Terry 55 said:
Has anyone tried the 9X12 coil for the Ace 150 & 250? I would appreciate any info.
I have - made sure I got it for an XMAS present :D

It has come in handy for the volleyball court sweep and I have used it around the house (which I had scanned many times previously with the standard coil). IMHO - it seems to detect pulltabs as pennies, dimes, nickels(standard coil does the same) and once in a while a quarter much too often.

I have found about 20 more coins around the house, but some were less than 4'' deep so I'm not sure why the stock coil missed them. I also found some coins about 6'' down - memorial pennies (they seem to run deeper than the wheaties!).

Anywho, I'll use the stock coil on playgrounds, 9 x 12 on the volleyball courts. For a trashy area, smaller is better. It is nice to have two choices.

PS - no coil covers for them yet. There was a post on the old forum describing how to seal the 9 x 12 with silicone? No search function so I can't find it :o(

Thanks OZ. How is the weight as far as how much heavier is it than the standard coin and how does it effect the balance.

Terry 55 said:
Thanks OZ. How is the weight as far as how much heavier is it than the standard coin and how does it effect the balance.
I only detect for a few hours at a crack so I'm not sure how the weight difference would affect a half day or so swing. It is a little heavier but I really don't notice much difference. I'm slightly ambidextrous so I swing with my left arm, or swing with my right, sometimes switching off. Pinpointing is just as accurate as the standard coil.

When I had the Ace 250 I bought the 12 inch coil for it and it became my standard coil. The Ace is so light that the additional weight of the 12 incher didn't hamper me at all and I'm 62. Pinpoints easy and I was very pleased with it. Compared to the coil prices for the machine I use now the 12 for the Ace is cheap too!

Back
Top Bottom