Should I take them or not ?

bassgreg

I recently went to the moutains with my dad who showed me a location that has a couple of old foundations.I noticed some poles that still had these neat looking glass insulators still on them.Is it ok to take one or two or three.Everything is abandoned and not functioning.The area is across from my uncles land.He has 28 Acres.He told me that no one owns that land,its just woods that everyone hunts in and atvs in.I feel totally ok with swinging the coil there but takeing tools to something,I don't know.Confused about it.I would like to have one though.....Should I get them or leave them ?..BTW theres only three left because the others were shot or broke with rocks by kids.

Some of those insulators are worth a pretty penny to the right person, depends on the color of glass I think. Diggler could be right and there might be buckets of those things lying in the immediate area. Take what you can get and hunt for the rest before they're lost to history. Good luck and I wish I was there to help out, seems like a neat place to search through.

A long pole with a noose made out of something grippy, like a rubber bungy cord, might be a good way to keep you from climbing an old rickety pole. Good luck as mentioned some are worth some decent bucks. Reason I mentioned buckets is because I had a few buckets of worthless ones follow me around for several years before I found the value. Wish I still had them. I looked for some last summer and just found chunks hit by mowers.

:heybud:All land is owned by someone.. Honestly to think other wise is how children think. As far as the insulators go I think you will be fine as long as you don't get caught by anyone who cares. I have a friend and he owns a machine shop and out on the edge of town they bought an old building to use for storage. One day the owner went there to get something and there was some kids on the street throwing rocks through the windows of his warehouse.:tomato: When he told them to stop they said sorry they didn't think anyone owned the place. Thats just the way kids minds work. They don't know about taxes or back taxes or how the system works.A system that sells land at public auction if the taxes are not paid.:research: That way someone will buy it and they can pay the taxes. Anyway he told them he owned it and that if the windows are gone the rain gets in and rots the building. Then he told them to go home. He said they where just being kids and he was right, kids don't think like adults.:violin:
If you take them its your business. You will probably never get into any trouble but theres always that one chance in a million that the owner will be driving by and be having a bad day and just looking for a reason to go off on someone. Good luck.:tiphat:
SD

Back
Top Bottom