First Barber Half

Lee1968

Elite Member
I wasn't planning on hunting today, as I had chores around the house to do. But I got done and around 2:00, I headed out to the field where I found the Seated Dime recently. I spent over 2 hours walking the field back and forth. I found a couple of headstamps and an old buckle, but no coins. As the sun was going down, and I was a long ways from the truck, I walked down to the lane, and thought I would just do the edge back to the truck. I got to within 7 steps from the truck (i measured :D) and got a strong 35-37 signal on the Nox. I did one scoop of the shovel, and it was out of the ground. I was shocked to find my first Barber Half! It is a 1900 S. It is a little beat up, but overall in pretty nice condition considering being in a field and all the farm equipment that must have driven over it in the past 100+ years.

20191117_165352 - Edited.jpg

20191117_165338 - Edited.jpg

Wow what a great find! So happy for you to get the chance to pull that nice Silver Half out of the ground!

Thanks! I was pretty excited!

Very nice Lee. Congrats on the big Barber. They are not everyday digs. Trapper

I believe it! It has taken me a long time to find my first one.

Congrats on the 119 year old silver half dollar! :woot:

Thanks Wolf-Dog!

It still looks great after all those years underground. Nice job.

Thanks!

Nice barber half! I had an almost exact experience the other day, except mine was a 1906 O barber half and I was maybe 100 yards from my car. Congrats!

Congrats on your first Barber half! Some of my best finds have been found on my way back to the car to pack it up.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom