Nox ear protector

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I happened to see these on another forum and thought id order one. You will see mine had been MODIFIED.:lol: It doesnt fit with the Andersons lower shaft head so i just removed the center part and it does exactly what i wanted without touching the head. No mod needed for the ML shaft. Made with one of those printers the material seems VERY strong. They are about $19 shipped. So if you are a coil ear breaker these may help. Got them from detector doodads.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 551
You should buy more than that Dew.. :D Only time I broke the ears off of one of my detectors was stumbling over a boulder in murky water..

You should buy more than that Dew.. :D Only time I broke the ears off of one of my detectors was stumbling over a boulder in murky water..

I think the Nox ears are thinner; more like the CTX vs. the thicker BBS coil ears. 🤔 I wonder if this would work on the CTX too.

I’m a wet sand/white wash hunter. I think the water hunters put more strain on the ears than I do.

R5

I broke an ear when the washer wore out and the hard plastic from the rod rubbed against the ear and thinned the plastic to the point of failure.

I posted my repair on the forum and it still holding up.

I broke an ear when the washer wore out and the hard plastic from the rod rubbed against the ear and thinned the plastic to the point of failure.

I posted my repair on the forum and it still holding up.

I checked your repair. That electrical box is a little longer which adds to the surface area and creates a stronger bond to the coil. Good job! Again, PVC glue; who would have thought!

R5

Craig....... ya ive broken a couple of those thin ears. I guess im that 1000 lb Gorilla.:laughing: It does fit nicely on the coil. $1....well i over paid for my laziness but i did see the program. But i believe you can use different types of plastic with those printers so i assumed this guy knew what he was doing.

I think the Nox ears are thinner; more like the CTX vs. the thicker BBS coil ears. 🤔 I wonder if this would work on the CTX too.

I’m a wet sand/white wash hunter. I think the water hunters put more strain on the ears than I do.

R5

I broke 1 ear on the Dual Field.. it was out of warranty but Whites was kind enough to fix it at no cost to me.

Craig....... ya ive broken a couple of those thin ears. I guess im that 1000 lb Gorilla.:laughing: It does fit nicely on the coil. $1....well i over paid for my laziness but i did see the program. But i believe you can use different types of plastic with those printers so i assumed this guy knew what he was doing.

Its ok Dew.. I used to hunt with a guy who always broke something... I carried extra lower rods in my truck and he used them twice :lol:

Nice

I found a 3D printer program online and had my local library make one for only a dollar. I made a post on make it or fix it. Here is the link.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=277780

That's the posting I found the files and information on to have them printed. Was $10 for a pair (1 stiffener and 1 repair) shipped. Seemed like it would work really well for a quick fix with a couple zip ties to the coil. I did send both pieces along with my Nox when I was sold. Hope the new owner never needs the repair one, but has it just in case.

There really isnt a need for a zip tie on this support. IF you have one for a repair thou...... id grind down the old and use ABS epoxy to glue it in place.

Now im interested .... where can one get these done using the program shown?

Detecting Doodads is a great little company. I purchased a charger clip (3D printed) from them two or three years ago. They make great stuff and seem to have a good amount of 3D printer experience and creative solutions. I have been quite impressed by the products they have come up with and look forward to more.

https://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

From their website:
Detecting Doodads was created as an outlet to make available to you some of the unique accessories I have created for myself. !
I have been afflicted with this metal detecting lifestyle for many years. My Engineering work keeps me flush in fresh batteries. Mixing my hobby and my profession allows me to come up with simple products that make metal detecting a little easier and more enjoyable.
Utilizing the latest in 3D printing technology and design software, allows me to very quickly go from concept to finished part. Take a look at our detector shaft camera mounts, and goPro accessories which are all printed per order in a wide variety of color choices.

-------

No I'm not associated in anyway. Just like to help small businesses stay in business :)

Drew, I can print this and have it to you when you are around siesta if you provide the file.

The program is shown above. Now I’m interest to see if I can get them to make one for the MDT. Out this weekend I’ll have to do more research next week

The program is shown above. Now I’m interest to see if I can get them to make one for the MDT. Out this weekend I’ll have to do more research next week

If you give me the dimensions of the coil, I should be able to make something to work with any machine. No need to reinvent the wheel on the one above though.

Back
Top Bottom