* Double Beach Gold *

meggie

Elite Member
Nice weather,good low tide .. where else would you be, but at the beach.

First beach, 30 minutes = zilch .. let's move on.

Second beach, one hour = junk ring & a few coins .. time to move again.

Third beach .. yes :cool:
I headed first to the waters edge & the second signal not half a scoop down was this tiny 18ct band,weight just 2.15 grams.then a couple more coins followed by an old surfers 925 ring.
I worked my way back up to the towel line and scored my second gold 375,weight 5.3 grams ... once again very shallow,just one scoop.

So that's Gold #59 & #60 .. just two more to equal last years total,

Meggie ...

Attachments

• PA141101.jpg
    PA141101.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 674
  • PA151104aa.jpg
    PA151104aa.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 654
  • PA151106.JPG
    PA151106.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 679
  • PA151108a.jpg
    PA151108a.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 744
Nice hunt Meggie.... so, that silver ring is a surfers ring..... I think I got one yesterday but it is really crusted up and needs a good cleaning. The design on my crusty looks quite like what you are showing in your photo...

Congrats on the right pick of beaches and the nice gold.

Cliff

I love to see you guy in Australia posting your finds on this forum. I know that nugget hunting is the thing over there. I am a member of,

Australian Metal Detecting and Relic Hunting.

Congrats on the gold rings mate!!

meg, I know what you mean about persistence and moving to different spots in the same hunt, definitely paid off for you today, hadn't you moved, you wouldn't have had those beauties,,,,,sounds like you are having a great year,,,and the spot you were at, sure looks great, not much trash or even targets for that matter and the ones that were are heavy and gave you two gold, guess we know where you will be tomorrow,,,:laughing:hope it gives some more for you,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom