Question for GT waterproof case guys

Stunmi

Elite Member
Preparing to box my GT and I have seen many of the writeups, but do you guys throw the case in a backpack or what? Has anyone fastened (backpack) straps directly to the case?

I had mine in a small backpack... I believe max had his rigged with some plastic loop areas on the back, nice setup...

Haven't finished waterproofing my Sovereign yet, but have it in one of these boxes, the 4" deep one (fits great + cubed foam for perfect fit):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B94IXE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will be figuring out a way to attach it under the elbow on the shaft, which is the part that has me stumped right now... and will also be adding a hole on the top of the box above the volume and sensitivity knobs and plugging it with a short PVC pipe and cap so I can turn on and adjust without opening the whole box. If that makes sense.

I forget who did it, but the best way I have seen for attaching to shaft was a little metal plate on the shaft with rolled over edges to hold the waterproof box in place, and straps holding it to the plate. I'll try to find the picture.

I have never liked the idea of hip/backpack mounting, just too much strain on the cables over time.

I guess the easiest way to backpack mount it would be to add a single strap to the box that crosses from your shoulder and over your chest, like a messenger bag is carried.

Attachments

• PA140077.jpg
    PA140077.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom