Dutchess County NY

I'm down near the TZ bridge, west bank, but I wouldn't at all mind meeting you east bank boys for a hunt sometime. Let me know if it's gonna happen and I'll try to get there. Thanks, Gene

Count me in too! I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. The cabin fever has kicked into full gear. :iwish:

I'm down near the TZ bridge, west bank, but I wouldn't at all mind meeting you east bank boys for a hunt sometime. Let me know if it's gonna happen and I'll try to get there. Thanks, Gene

... I will pick you up on the way!

sent from the secret hidden screen on my V3i via mental telepathic link using Crapatalk

Po Town,

I am making a trek to Catskill this summer. I have some sites, after months of research, and permission to hunt these sites. If you are interested let me know. I am thinking end of June or early July.

One month to go!

We got about a month before the big hunt. It's quiet here, is this still happening? I got the OK from the boss. Looking forward to the hunt. Where we going?

Looking for folks in Mid Hudson Valley area to host a hunt

Hello Folks
In early May, I have three gentlemen from the Mid West that are also avid detectorists visiting our area in order to film some footage for their popular Youtube detecting show. Myself and some other detectorists from the Dutchess county area have already set things up for them at some really interesting locations but we are hoping to get at least a couple more. These guys are very friendly, respectful and they can also be discrete. Your role would simply be to get their coils over the soil in the right areas. If you are interested please let me know via PM and I can provide more details.

Otherwise, I hope all is well with everyone. I hope to see some familiar faces soon, or meet new folks this coming season!

Hi Stinger
We are looking for people that can get them somewhere with permission from the landowner, that at least has a halfway decent chance they could find some interesting items.I don't expect anyone to give up their secret spots. But again at least a place they have a chance. If needed they can be very discreet filming so as not to draw attention. They will be here to start detecting on May 4th.

If I wasn't working Saturday, and my sons birthday on Sunday I would be able to make it out... Until my next whole day off I have to make due with mini hunts during my lunch hour, or early in the morning for an hour...
Did you have any ideas of locations or are you looking to be hosted?

Po Town,

I am making a trek to Catskill this summer. I have some sites, after months of research, and permission to hunt these sites. If you are interested let me know. I am thinking end of June or early July.

Our family has 2 homes/land in catskill and I'm up there all the time. If you make the trip up, please let me know and myself and brother (wahlie) would love to join.

Your best bet would be to hit those spots in the spring before everything grows in thick and the bees come out:lol: We have a couple secret spots as well but most require an ATV/UTV to get to...unless you don't mind hiking up the side of a mountain.

Brick yard

Phil I grew up in Poughkeepsie/Hyde Park. Was a Detective for the City of Poughkeepsie and retired way back in 1989 at the ripe age of 40 and moved to Florida.

Check around the top of Brick Yard hill (Rt9 ) If your headed South it would be on your right side right at the top. I havent been there in years I think there was a bar there or something but that was a little north of where I am talking. It set almost right on the road but went back in quite a ways.

There was a Indian type amusement park there when I was a kid and of course last time I knew it was all over grown with trees etc as this was back in the 60s.

But there has to be some silver there look around and good luck...

Is the brick yard near the central Hudson gas works and the lumber yard that's out of business now. What points of interest are near the brick yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom