Long Island 1920s home

Robm1093

I got permission to hunt a 1920s home and the night before did some research and learned in the 1700s the land was a farm and owned by General N woodhull. He was a General in charge of the Long Island militia an also fight for the king in the French Indian war. I also discovered his home was on the same road close by but the location was lost. So I was very existed hoping to find some old coins and artifacts . I dug a lot of junk, a 44cal bullet and a Button off a coat that I have t take a Closer look at. Also dug a four oz fishing lead and coins. The oldest coin was 1961 and 1963 .Than their was clad coins from the 80s 90s and 2000. I used the Garret ace 250 metal detector . My thoughts are the land was flooded a by salt water and the older coins got destroyed, the marsh is across the street and the land is swampy around the south end of the town. Or maybe it was just the Garret ace 250 detector is not a deep detector and the older coins are deep. I will go back when I get my new Detector to try a 2nd time...

Attachments

• P1011861.jpg
    P1011861.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 616
  • P1011863.jpg
    P1011863.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 395
  • P1011862.jpg
    P1011862.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
I can go any time I what the home it Belongs to a Member of the Family, Its very Trashy and I wanted to work around the home its going to be nocked down. I eliminated iron and pull tabs, Next time I will dig all into that drives me crazy :no:. I was just watching a video showing how the ace 250 shows deep coins as iron, I still have hop for the sight despite the salt and the dark looking acidic soil..

Make sure your there while they tear the house down if they do. Lots of time they turn the ground around it and all the good old stuff is exposed because the trash is moved off of it. Keep at the site though and you will be rewarded. If it’s that old there is good stuff there. Branch out too on the property running parallel to the road looking for big sections of iron. There will be lots of nails if you find the original home site. Best of luck and nice finds!

Make sure your there while they tear the house down if they do. Lots of time they turn the ground around it and all the good old stuff is exposed because the trash is moved off of it. Keep at the site though and you will be rewarded. If it’s that old there is good stuff there. Branch out too on the property running parallel to the road looking for big sections of iron. There will be lots of nails if you find the original home site. Best of luck and nice finds!
The house was razed before the hurricane of 1938. The first home might have bin smaller.....

Back
Top Bottom