A shot lincoln & shot large copper*cellar holes

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
hit the trails at 9 am stayed till 4 pm.it was wet & cold.managed a few decent targets around cellar holes.as i was walking the trail i was swinging away.i got a nice quarter signal on the side of the trail.dug in expecting a piece of aluminum can.flipped the plug over and there she/he?was! a unidentifiable large cent or copper.must have taken alot of abuse on this trail for 200 years:no: I have no clue what it is or what it was:(
anyways a bit further down the trail i got a penny signal at one inch out pops the lincoln with hole.poor Abe was already shot once now again?:lol:
not alot of coins left at these sights but,it was rough hunting in the woods with the snow.all the branches had snow clinging to em.i can't count how many times snow went down my neck:lol:
well have a great week all
dave

Attachments

• dec 7th cellar hole hunt 001.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 517
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 002.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 514
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 003.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 003.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 504
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 005.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 005.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 496
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 004.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 004.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 514
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 006.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 006.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 501
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 007.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 007.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 504
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 010.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 010.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 499
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 011.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 011.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 504
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 012.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 012.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 500
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 013.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 013.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 493
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 015.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 015.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 488
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 018.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 018.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 502
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 017.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 017.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 512
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 019.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 019.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 492
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 021.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 021.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 496
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 020.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 020.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 483
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 023.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 023.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 490
  • dec 7th cellar hole hunt 022.jpg
    dec 7th cellar hole hunt 022.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 496
True dedication Bro! Good to see ya got another Large Cent.. Who took the picture of you, one of the squirrels? Your Spectrum looked mighty cold too.. Just great stuff!

Bruce

Lol

true dedication bro! Good to see ya got another large cent.. Who took the picture of you, one of the squirrels? Your spectrum looked mighty cold too.. Just great stuff!

Bruce
i set the timer and snapped the pic myself.yeah it was nippy out!
Dave

Nice hunt, I got the day off on Thursday and was thinking about hitting the woods myself but we're supposed to get 10 inches. We'll see. It will probably head your way after the Midwest. Thanks for posting the goods!

Great pic's, that's my kinda hunting :yes: I once shot a penny for a twenty dollar bet, stuck it on a tree and hit at 100 yards with my 338. :D

That copper looks crude enough to be a Connecticut. Looks like you had an awesome day. Nice to be out in the woods with just a detector.

Damn, and I thought I was hardcore going out in 48 degrees to hunt for an hour. LOL
Nice finds. :yes:

Good to still get out anyway. Our days sure seem numbered now. I have a vaca day tomorrow so plan to get some hunting in.
Nice finds none the less.

Wow.. real hardcore.... no way I would go out in that ... too many years in warm climates. Nice finds though and great photographs. RickO

When you're addicted and finding large coppers and pre 1900 relics.... you can't help but brave the weather!! I do the same thing, I'll detect in the snow, rain, bitter cold as long as I find a patch of diggable ground. I'm an addict and I think it's safe to say Dave is too :lol:

Once again... KILLER FINDS!!

I dub thee "Sir Copper King" the knight with his shiney whites who saves the large copper Queens!:firstplace:

Great job on getting out there and adding one more copper to the list!

Nice Copper, Go Yankees, dig you dig that copper with your bare hands,

I been "a scared" to go out for 3 days now I'm motivated It's 2 degrees out and i'm going MD'ing

Congrats on your finds. Must have been really cold. I wouldn't know because its always hot hear in south Florida. lol That first picture looks like a Chocolate Ice Cream Scoop. WTG!

Back
Top Bottom