Look'n forward to this!

andrewjames

Forum Supporter
Upon hearing the news that I was coming home for a visit, and bringing my metal detectors along for the ride, my family, eager to try their hand at MDing did some research. They were able to secure this spot for next month's trip! It was a very popular park up until the early 1940's when it's 50 year reign came to an end. The woods have since reclaimed the sight's amenities including: a roller coaster, bowling ally, marry-go-round, trolly station, music pavilion, playground equipment, gardens, and even a zoo! The land has been privately owned ever since, and I just got the green light to go and dig! The park was frequented by crowds of up to 10,000 people in a day...That's a lot of silver and gold to be lost in this potentially virgin ground!:D

Attachments

• Monarch Park 9.jpg
    Monarch Park 9.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Monarch Park 7.jpg
    Monarch Park 7.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Monarch Park 4.jpg
    Monarch Park 4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 206
Oh, man!!
What I wouldn't give to go with you!:yes:
Please keep us updated. Good Luck!

A couple more pics...

I've been doing some more research, and the more I look, the better this place looks! here are a couple more pics. I'm hoping to fill up the "Eye Popping, Mind Blowing Finds" section of this forum after my hunting time here...

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 187
10,000 people a day...closed in the 40's...privately owned...oh my goodness

You could probably detect that place hard the rest of your life and never clear it out! I'm soooo envious, but I do wish you luck and am looking forward to your future posts!

Back
Top Bottom