Fisher f2

libertyman

hey everyone. I love my MD, but im wondering if any one has compiled a more through list of what shows up under each corusponding number. For instance, if I see the number 80 with the quorter button highlighted, then its almost always a quorter, but what about everything else. The manual gives some direction but I was hoping for something more specific.

I really don't know much about the Fisher F2, I did Google it & it looks like a great machine-You might try planting some different coins in your yard to make a test spot to see where they show up on your VDI. I'm sure theres someone here that has used a Fisher that can help more. Good Luck!!!

thanks seeker. Ya, I definetely love my machine. I only wish it would give an exact read of what metal/s are being read.

thanks seeker. Ya, I definetely love my machine. I only wish it would give an exact read of what metal/s are being read.

Don't feel bad, I still have trouble sometimes distinguishing whats in the ground-Takes lots of practice, But it's a great hobby & well worth the time to learn.

what i found

with my f2. dimes are usually 73-75. quarters 80-84 nickels usually 32-34 and zinc pennies 67-70. 99-00 usually silver. but i did find a silver ring that showed as a quarter. hope this helps

much better, thank you. That should decrease my digging for pull tabs. I get the plus sign and 00 every once and a while. Does anyone know what that is???

much better, thank you. That should decrease my digging for pull tabs. I get the plus sign and 00 every once and a while. Does anyone know what that is???
I am not 100% sure but think it is a big piece of iron or an overload signal. ID numbers will vary depending on many factors - mineral content in the ground/how corroded the coin is/coin depth/etc. I suggest that you takes notes on your next hunt, wirte down the TID number & the target icon (example 34/nickel 55/zinc penny, etc.) then you would have a reference to go by. But beware if you only dig by the numbers you are going to miss alot of good stuff. Jewelry/rings can come in any place on the TID scale. If you notch out or don't dig the pulltab signals you might be giving up something nice. Steve.

i was told by a veteran f2 user that its usually silver. but i found 2 silver rings, one showed as a quarter, and the other showed 99. gold ring usually is 29-32 and shows under tab,foil, or nickel. i also found 85-98 is usually a big piece of junk

F2

I use the F2 for one thing, coins, if you want relics, buy a tesoro, but if you want to find coins and lots of them, get the F2, I have owned a fisher 1236, fisher f4, and currently own a Nautilus DMC IIb, tesoro cibola and the F2, and I use the F2 because.......Its so fun, and easy, I set my disc. as far as you can, which allows most coins, exept Nickles, I use the 4 inch coil, and can swing as fast as I want, i get a good beep in both directions, if i raise the coil to about 8 inches and still get a good beep, its a can, if the beep goes away, 80% its a coin, doesn't get better than that

I use the F2 for one thing, coins, if you want relics, buy a tesoro, but if you want to find coins and lots of them, get the F2, I have owned a fisher 1236, fisher f4, and currently own a Nautilus DMC IIb, tesoro cibola and the F2, and I use the F2 because.......Its so fun, and easy, I set my disc. as far as you can, which allows most coins, exept Nickles, I use the 4 inch coil, and can swing as fast as I want, i get a good beep in both directions, if i raise the coil to about 8 inches and still get a good beep, its a can, if the beep goes away, 80% its a coin, doesn't get better than that

If you discriminate out nickels you are discriminating out gold...

The F2 is amazingly a great machine for 199.00 and I have used one myself, wow it is fast and yes it does get the coins! Worth every penny and it can pay you those pennies back pretty quick. Good hunting.

John T.
John's Detectors

If you discriminate out nickels you are discriminating out gold...

This is quite possibly very true.I dont want to start the great debate but sometimes i think the old rules are the best and worth sticking to.If it beeps dig it.
I realise thats not always feasible on trash littered sites but one rule was always stressed as far back as the 80s with mding,and that is there will be little to no difference in signal between a gold ring and a ring pull.
If you discriminated out the tin foil and ring pulls you were also cancelling out any chance of finding gold.Probably why ive never found any.

Ive dug enough tin foil to build a space shuttle and do try to discriminate it out but i know my chances of gold go out the window too , gotta weigh the odds of actually finding gold against coin shooting.

F2

Its a great machine, i was doing some testing tonight with my F2/Cibola/and Nautilus, I had 6 objects at about 6 inches, a penny/new dime/fired lead bullet/large nail/1/2 horseshoe/and 2 brass keys, the F2 sounded off on every object very good...BUT it gave me a false reading of iron on the dime/lead, and when I discriminate the iron out, I lost my signals on just about everything except the brass keys and the penny still hit good, I love the machine, but man I wished it would ID better at that depth. The Cibola also hit all the targets, and i could discriminate the iron out and still hit good on the other targets, I find I have to swing very slowely with my Cibola to catch my targets, thats my only complain with it. And last the Nautilus, well I tried everything to get a good signal on my dime, but never was able to achive it, I'm really getting put out with this machine, I know a ton of people love them, but Its really making me feel like a fool lol. I'm still much happier with my F2 than i was with my F4

Back
Top Bottom